Confession: I freaking hate my clownfish. Any fish you love to hate?

Fishnchips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single female lyre tail anthias. She kills any other lyre tails I add. Added a group of small females. Killed them. Added a large male. Killed him. So now I have one anthias that I can't catch and just have to watch her grow old.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are th cleaner shrimp that aggressive ?? I have a fire shrimp and he is very chill with my mated clowns and 2 pj cards 1 firefish 1 mag foxface. I was thinking of getting a CLEANER shrimp as well but if you really dislike yours I guess I should rethink....
He’s only aggressive towards food. When I wrote that post, he was consistently stealing food from my Goni, it was the most annoying thing. I finally stopped target feeding my corals, problem solved (he doesn’t know where the food source is when I broadcast). When I feed my scoly, I have to feed the tank first so the shrimp won’t be hungry. Otherwise this happens!
81015A76-B30E-4650-BFFF-8B60BD115EE3.jpeg

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have a Convict Tang and a Desjardini in our farm that I absolutely hate.
When we're photographing they're always in front trying to get food and when we put our hands in the tank they don't even bother moving. Its like having two really needy cats in the aquarium

Knpowell1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s only aggressive towards food. When I wrote that post, he was consistently stealing food from my Goni, it was the most annoying thing. I finally stopped target feeding my corals, problem solved (he doesn’t know where the food source is when I broadcast). When I feed my scoly, I have to feed the tank first so the shrimp won’t be hungry. Otherwise this happens!
81015A76-B30E-4650-BFFF-8B60BD115EE3.jpeg
I see what you mean. I am upgrading to a 125 with the current fish and shrimp i mentioned but wanted to add a few more during the move process ( this way everyone meets in unclaimed territory ). Do you have any suggestions on what types would be a more community type fish. I'm a big softy fan and are in love with zoas so there will be a ton of those but not real big on the acro farming yet sps are a little more maintenance than i want lps might be something in the future . any fish you could reccomend would be wonderful. I just don't want to be that carzy that goes "ohh this is pretty!"and it be something i cannot part with or better yet kills everything.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be just fine with a cleaner shrimp or 2 in a larger tank, mine is only 28g so he thinks he runs the place!

as far as fish, I like fish with that have a purpose. Perhaps a Pink Streak wrasse (good looking too!) a lawnmower blenny, maybe a sand sifting goby.

Knpowell1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be just fine with a cleaner shrimp or 2 in a larger tank, mine is only 28g so he thinks he runs the place!

as far as fish, I like fish with that have a purpose. Perhaps a Pink Streak wrasse (good looking too!) a lawnmower blenny, maybe a sand sifting goby.
Thank you for the suggestions I will definitely get a couple of those as for the sand sifter I cannot have them due to my sandless setup.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back