Confession: I freaking hate my clownfish. Any fish you love to hate?

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that's no joke! Not much you can do about things that want to kill each other off and you can't catch them.

I have 6 cleaner shrimp (No, I'm not crazy...well...much) One was mine and 5 came with a tank I bought. Personally I think they stink at cleaning, lol
They're awesome at cleaning, but my eel loved french kissing the cleaner wrasse more.

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish mine would eat a few. Right now I have...
3 skunk shrimp
3 fire shrimp
10 peppermint shrimp
1 Huge banded coral shrimp. However he has lost both of his big arms so maybe something is snacking on him :)
You can rent my eel to take care of your problem ;Greedy:).

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate salmon...stinks up the house and tastes terrible.

But in my tank, my female clown and I have a love/hate relationship... she loves when i feed her and hates my hands when it's in the tank.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhhh I feel like you can just sell your shrimps for profit than send them to their deaths lol ;Joyful

Ha, ha, ha. I just read your thing about the Moorish Idol. I have one too. He's pretty good but did finish off a brain coral that was on it's way out anyway.

My cleaner shrimp are so lazy that I need all 6 just to equal maybe 2 on the job. And with 24 fish including 3 Tangs it's a big job.

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, ha, ha. I just read your thing about the Moorish Idol. I have one too. He's pretty good but did finish off a brain coral that was on it's way out anyway.

My cleaner shrimp are so lazy that I need all 6 just to equal maybe 2 on the job. And with 21 fish including 3 Tangs it's a big job.
That's also a fish that I love and hate. My dream fish, but he munched on all of my acans, chalices, scolys, etc. Such a disappointment, but my heart is too invested in him.
IMG-0196.JPG

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown is evil. It is her tank. If I do so much as stick a finger in the tank she’s on high alert. Once the hand goes in she’ll make a v line straight at me. Viciously attacking. Loves to bite! Especially between the webs of your fingers. There is no shooing her away. I thumped her in the head once and she came right back at me. Now get this. If I put on my shoulder length gloves, she completely ignores me. Or if I have on a nitrile glove she ignores me. But stick your bare hand in there, be prepared!!! Cute little clownfish. NOT!!!
She’s currently in the dungeon. Nipped at my scoly and killed it.

EHerbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Maroon Clown I can't stand. His anemone died over a year ago so now he "owns" a particular hole on the reef. We've had our run ins but after he got plucked good a few times he doesn't try to bite anymore but any frag I place within six inches of that hole gets toppled. He's even moved frags that the glued hadn't completely set on. He's fine with all his tank mates but he's gotten so huge that he looks out of place because all the other fish are so small. I feel guilty for wanting him gone because he was one of my first fish on my four year old reef. He's survived a move, a tank crash and a tank size upgrade. He's one tough cookie but I recently bought a trap cause he gotta go.

20181216_111741.jpg

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Maroon Clown I can't stand. His anemone died over a year ago so now he "owns" a particular hole on the reef. We've had our run ins but after he got plucked good a few times he doesn't try to bite anymore but any frag I place within six inches of that hole gets toppled. He's even moved frags that the glued hadn't completely set on. He's fine with all his tank mates but he's gotten so huge that he looks out of place because all the other fish are so small. I feel guilty for wanting him gone because he was one of my first fish on my four year old reef. He's survived a move, a tank crash and a tank size upgrade. He's one tough cookie but I recently bought a trap cause he gotta go.

20181216_111741.jpg
There were 2 maroon and one cinnamon in an established tank I recently got. Didn’t keep a one of them. Wasn’t sorry either.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Theyre evil and annoying. This next holiday, both traps come out and I want every clown out of my display tank as the breeder pair is making a mess with the sand and trying to destroy my 9" elegance and the smaller ones are making caves and knocking plugs out of their holes SMH

I have a home for all of your clownfish @vetteguy53081!!! ;Shamefullyembarrased

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful 2 year old flurry clownfish, but they bite. They cause bleeding without gloves. With gloves, it still hurts. I keep them because they look great but I would really love to throw them in a garbage disposal and watch them suffer. With my new 125g they attack my elbow. dang I hate them
Mine bite when I am messing around near their nems, but never hard enough to draw blood. Wow.

Doogie D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God I hate them so much. hurts even with gloves on. They bite and shake for about 10 seconds. One bite I didn't wear gloves and I thought it was going to leave a scar
I k ow how you feel I have 2 pairs in my tank and one of 4 nips 2 to 3 times then if my hand still in there its coming out bleeding from getting bit

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back