Confirmation of aiptasia.

lonepalm99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to reef tanks and have a couple of items going on with the tank. Tank is about 90 days old 25 gallon I am pretty sure this little guy is an aiptasia ready to pick up a berghia tomorrow if you all confirm. This is the only one if seen but as everyone says if you have you see there are more you don’t.
Excuse the stringy algae/diatom/?. Will post a different thread to ask for help on that one.

thank you in advance.

56A4299A-5ECA-457A-A6F5-2048216C5B5B.jpeg 8954E33A-DFD9-4515-864D-F17B53FF76E2.jpeg

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to reef tanks and have a couple of items going on with the tank. Tank is about 90 days old 25 gallon I am pretty sure this little guy is an aiptasia ready to pick up a berghia tomorrow if you all confirm. This is the only one if seen but as everyone says if you have you see there are more you don’t.
Excuse the stringy algae/diatom/?. Will post a different thread to ask for help on that one.

thank you in advance.

56A4299A-5ECA-457A-A6F5-2048216C5B5B.jpeg 8954E33A-DFD9-4515-864D-F17B53FF76E2.jpeg
Oh yes an Aiphtisia. Not what you wanted. I treat every one I see right then. Pumps and wave makers off. AiphtisiaX on the feeding disk, then more to cover it completely. I wait for 10 minutes to restart the pumps. AiphtisiaX is alcalic and you really need to kill all cells or it will regrow.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it looks like you have one there. But, if you can remove the rock, take it out and cover the aptasia stem (it will suck into a little ball of goo) with superglue. I wouldn't mess with berghia unless you see a lot of them popping up. They are expensive and they will just die by starving to death after that one aptasia is gone.

OP
OP
L

lonepalm99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes an Aiphtisia. Not what you wanted. I treat every one I see right then. Pumps and wave makers off. AiphtisiaX on the feeding disk, then more to cover it completely. I wait for 10 minutes to restart the pumps. AiphtisiaX is alcalic and you really need to kill all cells or it will regrow.
Thanks I will give it a try

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there other things on the rock? If not, you might want to remove the rock, super glue over it, and then leave the rock out of water for a week or so to kill off any spores. Use H2O2 to deal with algae. Give it a rinse off before putting it back in the tank (tapwater should be fine).

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there other things on the rock? If not, you might want to remove the rock, super glue over it, and then leave the rock out of water for a week or so to kill off any spores. Use H2O2 to deal with algae. Give it a rinse off before putting it back in the tank (tapwater should be fine).
Before putting in the tank tap water isn't good it for LR. (always if you use tap water you have to DRY completely the LR , because of the chlorine/chloramines from the tap water!)
Best to rinse it with some tank water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back