Confused about Hanna ULR checker Results

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me out?. I have the Hanna ULR phosphorus checker...it reads PPB....I just got a reading of 26. What does that translate to in PPM? Is 26 too high for a reef tank? Thanks!

OP
OP
bfazio1030

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy. What do you think about that level? Should it be lowered? School me Master!

Roy 750xxl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding the reading of the ulr phosphorus and the phosphate reading. In the phosphate you get a number for example 0.07 but in phosphorus you get a reading of 0.075 why is there an extra number and does that extra number count ? Can someone please explain. @Randy Holmes-Farley

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding the reading of the ulr phosphorus and the phosphate reading. In the phosphate you get a number for example 0.07 but in phosphorus you get a reading of 0.075 why is there an extra number and does that extra number count ? Can someone please explain. @Randy Holmes-Farley
Well i am not Randy....but will answer anyway. It is an extra digit of precision. Essentially irrelevant. Read it as .07 or .08 it really dont matter.

Roy 750xxl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i am not Randy....but will answer anyway. It is an extra digit of precision. Essentially irrelevant. Read it as .07 or .08 it really dont matter.
Lol thanks kinda new to using the forum so getting used to how things work and decided to tag Randy but I appreciate the response for clarifying this for me. Thanks again so I got a reading of 61 which converts to 0.187 so I ignore the 3rd digit and just read it as 0.18 ? My last test came back to 1 so I started to feed more trying to find the happy medium to keep levels stable

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks kinda new to using the forum so getting used to how things work and decided to tag Randy but I appreciate the response for clarifying this for me.

I generally try to get to all threads in the chemistry forum, but if I seem to be missing something, its fine to try to attract my attention somehow. Bumps usually work better than tags for me as there are too many notifications to read them. :)

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks kinda new to using the forum so getting used to how things work and decided to tag Randy but I appreciate the response for clarifying this for me. Thanks again so I got a reading of 61 which converts to 0.187 so I ignore the 3rd digit and just read it as 0.18 ? My last test came back to 1 so I started to feed more trying to find the happy medium to keep levels stab
No problem. And yes reading it as .18 is fine. That extra precision i just say is irrelevant because the levels fluctuate constantly and there is some amount of testing error anyway so dont really need the extra precision as it provides no real value.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back