Confused between xr30 pro and xr30 blue

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confused between xr30 pro and xr30 blue.
Hi guys, I have 165g that is 4.5ft by 2ft by 2ft
And planning to buy 2 xr30 for mix reef as I am not going to dominate my tank with corals..
But will keep some SPS.

So thing is that I love blue like really do..
But I also want my light to run white for 1-2 hours a day when everyone is around so it's clearly visible to all.

Not sure which once I go for.

Confusion is if by buy xr30 blue then will it be also spreading enough whites
Or if I go for pro than will there be enough blues to satisfy the visual of corals. I feel like I can buy pro but I'll be missing the look on corals when doing AB+

And I'll be missing white if I buy blue one.
Please help suggesting me for the right investment.
Don't wanna go for more fixure or hybrid..
Already paying a lot for these.

Would also appreciate if someone having blue or pro so if they can share there tank photo with like max blue photo with PROs and max white photo with blues.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PRO (more white leds):
xr30g5_pro_cluster.jpg

BLUE (more blue leds):
ecotech-marine-aquatics-radion-xr30-g5-blue-led-light-fixture-ecotech-marine-17613901594786_600x.png

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I knowwww,
That is the data on there websitei just want to know or if possible then see that how much white can blue model produce when we only run all other channel but blue or blue, voilet, uv at 10-20percent , all other channel at 100%

And vice versa for pro.
How would it look if we only run blue at 100% with voilet and uv, same time turn down all other green red channels.

If blue can give sufficient white to my tank, I would go for blue. If not and pro can give awesome blue just as blue model. Then may be that one

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Visal1107,
I have 2 Gen 5 blues on my 140 while I am in the process of this 300 gallon build. ( i bought 4 Gen5 xr30 blues for the 300)
I did a lot of research and I also drove to World Wide Corals in Florida where I was able to get a tour and spend hours their with a rep they use ecotech.
The two Gen 5 xr30 blues I have on my 140 I have been playing with and my corals have grown alot in the few months they have been on the 140.
I also played with the settings and you can custom your own color spectrum and you can make it all blue totally shutting off all the whites or go the opposite ways shutting off all the blues, making the take completely white.
Since I have a mixed tank, fish, zoa, sps and lps, I went with the XR30 Blue.
I did not get the pros since they have less blue and have a lot of white. I wanted more blue so to max coral growth.
Once I get the 300 up if I want a little more white during a few hours of the days such as you mentioned, I plan to add a few Kessils in between the Gen5s to get a little shimmer also.

I hope this helps and please remember this is just my preference and their is really not right or wrong way.

Have a great day,

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had both pro and blue. You can make either “look” like white or blue. Difference comes in when you want max par. I started with pro then switched to blue because I couldn’t get enough par running the pro in ab+ (~50% of the pro diodes set to 20%). I no longer have them or I would take a pic.

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Visal1107,
I have 2 Gen 5 blues on my 140 while I am in the process of this 300 gallon build. ( i bought 4 Gen5 xr30 blues for the 300)
I did a lot of research and I also drove to World Wide Corals in Florida where I was able to get a tour and spend hours their with a rep they use ecotech.
The two Gen 5 xr30 blues I have on my 140 I have been playing with and my corals have grown alot in the few months they have been on the 140.
I also played with the settings and you can custom your own color spectrum and you can make it all blue totally shutting off all the whites or go the opposite ways shutting off all the blues, making the take completely white.
Since I have a mixed tank, fish, zoa, sps and lps, I went with the XR30 Blue.
I did not get the pros since they have less blue and have a lot of white. I wanted more blue so to max coral growth.
Once I get the 300 up if I want a little more white during a few hours of the days such as you mentioned, I plan to add a few Kessils in between the Gen5s to get a little shimmer also.

I hope this helps and please remember this is just my preference and their is really not right or wrong way.

Have a great day,
Yes that really helped.. thank you soo much, can you please do me a big favor...
Can you please set all channels up and shutoff blues and send a picture..
That will also definately help me decide..

Actually I am at location where if I order radions or kessils
I will get the delivery in 2-3 months..
That way I can know what I will get exactly with blues and if I need more white, I can place my order for some kessels as well at the same time..

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had both pro and blue. You can make either “look” like white or blue. Difference comes in when you want max par. I started with pro then switched to blue because I couldn’t get enough par running the pro in ab+ (~50% of the pro diodes set to 20%). I no longer have them or I would take a pic.
Hi Jon,
Can you also please share your picture with radion blue max white and pro with max blue.

Really there are very less comparision like this over internet..

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vishal1107,
Ps I also figured it was easier adding "more white" light from a additional light source if needed, key if needed, which also would save $ if not needed. then to know I would have to add more blue if I got the Pro's...
Oh and have a great night as I just saw your in India...

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vishal1107,
Ps I also figured it was easier adding "more white" light from a additional light source if needed, key if needed, which also would save $ if not needed. then to know I would have to add more blue if I got the Pro's...
Oh and have a great night as I just saw your in India...
Yes that is right option..
And thanks, yes I am from India just wrapping up my office.^^

It's 7:30 pm here..

And I must tell you.
Reefing is not very popular here so all the equipments I had to import or search the whole country..

So really wanna be sure what to buy

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer have them. Switched to kessils with reef brite bars.
Ohh Oki..
Kessils are also really great light.
Just not going with them as if I buy 3 xr15 or 2xr 30 there will be wider pannel to light the tank so there will be less shadows in future.

If I go for 3 kessils then it's a point light, though the spread is really awesome but single point light will create more shadows when reef grow up

galactic_coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the blues and the pros next to each other at our facility. I can try to get a pic if I get time today.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer have them. Switched to kessils with reef brite bars.
I thought about that combo too, was like a week away form making the buy. Then my visit to WWC and the fact Ecotech has the mobius app. Which makes it easier for me to teach my wife how to monitor it all, lights,pumps,dosing etc.
I did not want to buy some sort of device to do it all or spend all that money for Apex.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh Oki..
Kessils are also really great light.
Just not going with them as if I buy 3 xr15 or 2xr 30 there will be wider pannel to light the tank so there will be less shadows in future.

If I go for 3 kessils then it's a point light, though the spread is really awesome but single point light will create more shadows when reef grow up
Yep your right about the kessils, that why I am only going to get them to add more white if needed or to kinda put spot light on a certain part of the tank or corals. Have you visited Marine Depot for stuff, I am not sure if they ship outside USA. If not then at least you can see all the cool stuff and they also have videos about products and reef topics, training/discussion etc

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that combo too, was like a week away form making the buy. Then my visit to WWC and the fact Ecotech has the mobius app. Which makes it easier for me to teach my wife how to monitor it all, lights,pumps,dosing etc.
I did not want to buy some sort of device to do it all or spend all that money for Apex.
Hi,
If it help you or any one else, what I did is:
I didn't wanted to go for APEX, they are expensive.
Instead I bought a raspberry pie and it's sensors for temparature, I also added a camera to support pie to get live picture of tank when ever I like over internet.
For automation I bought smart extension board with supports it's app there I got 4 socket and 3 usb outlet which I can control individually and also I can set duration for each individually as well for automation of light and powerheads. Why because I have autofeeder set to give food on define time every day so at that time app automatically shuts down powerheads so fishes can eat for 5 min.

Can control lights from it too but radion can do it on its own.
Also auto top off also is very much automated on its own (it was a diy solution).
Also I added 50w grow light for rafugium to be automated for 10hours using that extansion board...

Overall cost for smart board and pie setup was around 100$. That covered pretty much all. Apex give more detail on parameters but compaired to its cost I believe all can be automated without that.. and some things can be done manually every week or every month

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep your right about the kessils, that why I am only going to get them to add more white if needed or to kinda put spot light on a certain part of the tank or corals. Have you visited Marine Depot for stuff, I am not sure if they ship outside USA. If not then at least you can see all the cool stuff and they also have videos about products and reef topics, training/discussion etc
No
Never visited but yes seen a lot of videos from a lot of people including marine depot, brs tv, reefdude and many more ..

This specific requirement to see how these lights work when comes to oposite output like whiteness in blues vs blues in pros are not there anywhere.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No

Never visited but yes seen a lot of videos from a lot of people including marine depot, brs tv, reefdude and many more ..

This specific requirement to see how these lights work when comes to oposite output like whiteness in blues vs blues in pros are not there anywhere.
I just found the video I watched a few months ago. It was on you tube. Tile is Radion G5 Pro vs Blue- what is the difference. Poster name Aqua Splendor posted April 2020... I hope you can find it... was good video

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found the video I watched a few months ago. It was on utube. Tile is Radion G5 Pro vs Blue- what is the difference. Poster name Aqua Splendor posted April 2020... I hope you can find it... was good video
I'll check it out and update... Thanks ^_^

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found the video I watched a few months ago. It was on you tube. Tile is Radion G5 Pro vs Blue- what is the difference. Poster name Aqua Splendor posted April 2020... I hope you can find it... was good video
That I think actually answered my question...
Cool white with uv at 100%, all there at 0% will give my desired whitish color in xr30 blue....

Can't thank you enough...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back