Connecticut Area Reef Society Announcement

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To Anyone Who Did Not Receive My Email (or for those that don't check theirs :wink:)

Good Evening Again,

I apologize for contacting you again after such a short time. After our announcement the other day it seems that our decision 'leaked' to RC which in turn caused them to remove the CTARS forum and change the name.

Please understand this is not how we wanted this to happen. We were hoping for a smooth transition over the course of a few months over to Reef2Reef with our prior forum on ReefCentral archived without any hard feelings. Although we understand that ReefCentral was ultimately not going to be happy with our departure no matter what, we wanted to be the ones to deliver a proper letter to them.

In the meantime, Reef2Reef has welcomed us with open arms, all the moderators are available if there are any questions (yes, the regular site mods are still available to anyone at any time) and we have had a lot of sign ups in the few days since the announcement.

In addition, Rev from Reef2Reef has offered everyone, as good faith to our club, a FREE Supporting Membership Upgrade. Just go to the CTARS section of Reef2Reef and head on over to the private section of our forum. If you do not already have this access, you will have to follow the instructions to gain access into this section. Once there, you will see Rev's offer. To see what these perks are to the Supporting Membership see this link:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/68905-reef2reef-com-supporting-membership.html

If you haven't already, head on over and sign up and join us over at Reef2Reef. We would like to see more member tanks and build threads for sure!

One last announcement, BOD voting will be in just a few more days and this will be by email this year. You will all receive a message from an external website telling you how to vote. Don't forget to let your vote count!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call me at any time.

Thanks,

Melissa Messier
CTARS Secretary
860-230-3375

geomarq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and head on over to the private section of our forum

- Where is this? Or where do I find instructions? Would like to upgrade.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a sticky. Private forum request link

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CTARS guys. I truly Hate to hear that the other reef forum just canned your stuff for the consideration of moving. That happened to my club as well. Sure does poison the water. Best of luck to you all.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back