Connecting an Apex EL to Coralvue Hydros Gyre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Siberwulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydors Gyre with the Wifi controller
Can you show us a photo of the actual controller? I googled Hydros Gyre but only found links to the Hyrdos Wave Engine controlling IceCap Gyres. Not exactly sure what product you’re describing.

The cable you linked to is for the IceCap controller:
9768EE77-E6B0-4BF6-B5C0-A0D7B3A99592.jpeg

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Siberwulf

Siberwulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did actually. You do need that cable to connect. Then you hook your VDM up to the Hyrdos input.

I struggled with getting it to work because I didn't realize that the VDM settings are percentages, not absolutes. I wanted to trigger a feed cycle on 5v, so I needed the VDM to say 'If FeedA 000 Then 50' which ended up working.

Hope this helps!

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did actually. You do need that cable to connect. Then you hook your VDM up to the Hyrdos input.

I struggled with getting it to work because I didn't realize that the VDM settings are percentages, not absolutes. I wanted to trigger a feed cycle on 5v, so I needed the VDM to say 'If FeedA 000 Then 50' which ended up working.

Hope this helps!
Just ordered the VDM and y cable from BRS. Will pick it up this afternoon! Thanks for helping me feel better about it.

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope this helps!
Ok question for you... I got the VDM setup, and plugged the coralvue Y cable into the variable speed 1/2 port. I programmed both of them to say
SET 0
IF FeedA 000 THEN 20

in the app, i set the feed mode to 2.0 volts.

I also set the Options menue -> Mode control Input to both 0-10V Input 1 and also tried Input 2.

When I click FeedA on my apex, nothing happens.... any idea what could be happening?

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump, i am in the same position
Can you tell me your setup? I finally got it working.

One thing. Make sure the Jack that connects into the controller is FULLY in.

The Y cable from Icecap doesn't fit all the way. I used a small box cutter to cut back the rubber a bit so that the full metal part of the jack could fit all the way in.

If you bought the icecap y cable.. you will have to trim the rubber near the base of the metal part of the jack. It has to go really far in there. IDK why they'd sell it not working out of the box.

Bhor217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me your setup? I finally got it working.

One thing. Make sure the Jack that connects into the controller is FULLY in.

The Y cable from Icecap doesn't fit all the way. I used a small box cutter to cut back the rubber a bit so that the full metal part of the jack could fit all the way in.

If you bought the icecap y cable.. you will have to trim the rubber near the base of the metal part of the jack. It has to go really far in there. IDK why they'd sell it not working out of the box.
thanks, i will look into that!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back