Connecting New Loc-Line to Ball Socket X MPT connector

jdloftness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently purchased new loc-line for my 50G cube. I disconnected the old loc-line from the ball socket x MPT connector, but for some reason can't seem to connect the new loc-line to the old connector. I have a loc-line pliers, which works fine connecting pieces of loc-line to each other, but it doesn't seem to fit or work connecting the loc-line to the connector. I have included a picture of the old loc-line that was attached to the connector, and a picture of the new loc-line that I'd like to attach to the connector. Everything is 1/2", so it's all the same size. Is there some trick I'm not aware of?

IMG_6303.jpg IMG_6304.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy-peasy. Stick the male end in your freezer’s ice tray for about 20 minutes (to shrink it); have a hair dryer ready for the female end (med. setting) to heat it. Should snap together, no problem.

(And you’re right— pretty much the wrenches are only good for taking them apart.)

OP
OP
jdloftness

jdloftness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Easy-peasy. Stick the male end in your freezer’s ice tray for about 20 minutes (to shrink it); have a hair dryer ready for the female end (med. setting) to heat it. Should snap together, no problem.

(And you’re right— pretty much the wrenches are only good for taking them apart.)
Awesome! I will try it right away. Thank you so much.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back