Connecting the new Coral Box DCA smart pumps to Profilux 1-10 V

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Box brand have released a line of return pumps as Coral Box DCA smart pumps. The line include pumps from 4000 l/h to 12 000 l/h. This pumps have a new controller that can directly be connected to an APEX computer with a separate cable - allowing 2 pumps be managing. I have test this controller with my P4 equipment too and it works very well - This is the way I did it.

The controller

contr2.jpg

The cable

cable22.jpg

Fix the cable

cable.jpg

As break out box I chose a box that originally was produced for outbreak of 1-.10 V signals for LED lighting - the LBF-AP. I´m not sure its for sale any longer - I had some in my closet- been used in another application before. However - there is another more complete break out box from GHL - the
S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box that can be used in the same way

With the LBF-AP

breakout-1.jpg

connect.jpg

breakout-2.jpg

controler1.jpg

The Coral Box DCA line also include DCA 1200, DCA-2000 and DCA 3000 pumps. I have one DCA 1200 for my bio filter and one DCA 2000 for my skimmer. I have test this controller with the DCA 1200 and DCA 2000. I did not get it to work for my DCA 1200 but ir works very good for my skimmer pump (DCA-2000). With the DCA 3000 - I have not tested

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DCA3000. Is it controlAble with Apex too?
Probably not possible to run it with the new controller. I had a Jebao DCA 4000 that refuse to work with the new controller - on the other hand - I had a Coral Box DCA 2000 skimmer pump that was not on their compatible list at that moment - and it works. Test - at least my DCA 4000 did not break down - it just not work.

Sincerely Lasse

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not possible to run it with the new controller. I had a Jebao DCA 4000 that refuse to work with the new controller - on the other hand - I had a Coral Box DCA 2000 skimmer pump that was not on their compatible list at that moment - and it works. Test - at least my DCA 4000 did not break down - it just not work.

Sincerely Lasse

I have the new coral box DCA 3000 that came with my Coral Box D700+ skimmer. I like the skimmer and the controller is good, but I’d prefer using my apex to be able to change the speed. I may just need to see if I can purchase the DCA 4000 and test it.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DCA 2000 skimmer pump was for my CB 500 + skimmer - so if you can get the new controller - it will probably work. Write to some that sells the new pump and ask to buy a controller as a spare part

Sincerely Lasse

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new coral box DCA 3000 that came with my Coral Box D700+ skimmer. I like the skimmer and the controller is good, but I’d prefer using my apex to be able to change the speed. I may just need to see if I can purchase the DCA 4000 and test it.

so it turns out there is port on the controller to hook up the Apex. I’m going to pick up the cable and give it a try.

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DCA 2000 skimmer pump was for my CB 500 + skimmer - so if you can get the new controller - it will probably work. Write to some that sells the new pump and ask to buy a controller as a spare part

Sincerely Lasse

I think I just need the cable. There is a place to plug something in so I may be in business. Is I need to learn how to use the variable speed ports. Ha!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - if it is this controller

P6210117.JPG

It has this outlet - with a pin in the middle

P6210122.JPG

The new controller

P6210118.JPG

Has this inlet - to the right

P6210121.JPG

And the Apex cable

P6210119.JPG

It only fit the new controller.

However - personal communication with Fish-Street confirm that the smallest port on the original controller - indeed is a 1-10 V port. However - I could not found the proper plug and how the + and - was situated in the contact. I give up and order the new controller instead.;)

Sincerely Lasse

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks. I do have the new controller and it does have the hole to the right. And I ordered the cable yesterday.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks. I do have the new controller and it does have the hole to the right. And I ordered the cable yesterday.
It will work- a tip according to the Coral Box skimmers. The construction of the venturio create an upbuild of calcium carbonate in the air intake. I had to clean my every month. However I got a tip from @ksed in Canada. Shout down the skimmer every/second day for a minute or two. This make the inlet to be flushed and counteract the upbuild. I have run this trick for 5 months now - not have need to clean it.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the back sides of GHL Profilux (at least IMO) is lack of ability to use programic logic on the 1-10 V devices or allow a controller to control the signal. The temperature controllers have the ability to do the last thing with the function max as deviation off - (and only decreasing). The other probes have a decrease possibility but you can´t adjust the range of deviation.

For the moment - I use the ability to control the speed when I feed. every time I feed - I activate a manage program - lower my speed of the return pump to 5 % and set the skimmer to 40 %. It is also possible to assign your skimmer pump to a stream group - setting it at constant on and no waves. Put the wanted speed as max and if you want it go down during a special time - adjust the nocturnal degrease of...

Sincerely Lasse

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to slow the skimmer during feeding too. But I plugged the cable in yesterday and didn’t seem to have any effect. I’m going to have to play with it more tomorrow. Do I need to set the skimmer speed to a certain level before connecting ?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have this controller?

1593174921596.png

Put in the cable and press the down arrow for 10 seconds - the LEDs between the 1-10V brackets will light up. After this - you have to find which L-port is the one connected to the controller.

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back