Connecting Vectra M1 to flexible hosing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RJAllen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to order them, I would call and ask when ordering. Not just order on the website.

Looked at the barbed adapters. There is no sizing information listed. I am GUESSING those slip barb adapters are designed to fit the stock blue connectors on outflow side. In the case of the M1, that means they further reduce outflow diameter down to about 1/2". A crying shame. if volume of water pushed out means anything, [if it doesn't why are you using such an expensive pump?] you are better off using the slip adapter and a 1.25" barbed fitting. Not as pretty but will give you better flow.

RJ

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opening only fits 1" ID tube in my sump where it will exit the chamber. I'm looking for a 2000gph pump and the only other one I found was a Sicce 1900 but I can't find many reviews on it.. so that is why I am looking at this one.

RJAllen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use 1", not idea but better than 3/4" with a barbed fitting that reduces it further. What I did. I used the 1.25"adapter to slip. A bushing that reduced that to one 1". Small length of 1" pvc pipe then I fitted 1" silicone tubing OVER the pipe. It will stretch. Used a pipe clamp to hold. Do same on your 1" sump bulkhead. You know have true 1" return. Yes it is sorta clunky and not as sleek as using the blue fittings but will give you better flow. WFIW...With a 4.5 ft. head height, 1" plumbing split to 2 3/4" lines, I get slightly over 1400 gph.

RJ

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks RJ :) Did you use regular PVC Cement or ABS glue to connect the EcoTech 1.25" slip adaptors to the Vectra? I am assuming you just tossed the blue connectors as well?

RJAllen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the optional white adapter slip fittings, you DO NOT use use any cement of the pump side. BST threaded fittings- like on the pump housing and on the optional larger adapter fittings- are not tapered like our NPT threaded fittings. You use food grade silicone paste and screw down the fittings until dead tight- to the complete end of threads. The OTHER side is a normal slip fitting that will connect to any same size pvc pipe or busing fitting. You use standard pvc glue on this side.

RJ

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I see I didn't know they were threaded on the other side. That makes sense :) Thanks a lot RJ!

RJAllen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep with all the connection choices and issues, its sometimes hard to figure it all out. Those oh so attractive blue fittings were also designed to be user friendly and accommodate the BST threaded connections on the pump body. IMO, they just restrict the flow too much in an excellent pump. Sorta like buying a Ferrari with a 65 mph speed limiter.

RJ

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I've never seen the pump in person before so it's hard to get a grasp on things sometimes.. but I had a blonde moment not remembering the threads :) It's been that kinda year so far lol. I wish I could use the bigger L1 but I would still have to reduce it to the 1" so there is no point I guess so the M1 seemed a good choice.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update :) I got my M1 yesterday and got it connected to the tubing with no issues. It is working great. Thanks again everyone :)

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that wasn't available when I did mine. I did it myself with the slip kit and a bushing and a barbed fitting. I used normal PVC glue to connect and the plastic clamps to secure the hose to the barb fitting.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally hard plumbed my system and my Vectra and add a 1'' Spears ball valve just like I did in my old tank. I think this time I am going to use the silicone rubber b/c I will be running two Vectras return pumps for my new SCA 150 build.

Plumbing#3.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back