Conquering STN/RTN. What has worked for you?

JasonC.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was battling RTN/ STN a few months ago. I did the Witch Hazel method and water changes. After about 3 weeks of the treatment almost everything stopped RTNing, and started to look much better. I was dosing 20ml of the Witch Hazel in my 100 gallon tank every night before my lights went of.
People says that it's snake oil, but I did see good results using it.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Ftrain576

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was battling RTN/ STN a few months ago. I did the Witch Hazel method and water changes. After about 3 weeks of the treatment almost everything stopped RTNing, and started to look much better. I was dosing 20ml of the Witch Hazel in my 100 gallon tank every night before my lights went of.
People says that it's snake oil, but I did see good results using it.
Good luck.
Quick question…how did you calculate the amount of Witch Hazel to dose?

OP
OP
Ftrain576

Ftrain576

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my ATI test results today. Here are their recommendations. I have not experienced any new STN events in my tank to remaining SPS corals that could not be removed. I guess it was either the passage of time or the Koral Recover. Maybe a combination of the two. Guess I will have to wait and see. Sunday will be the end of treatment followed by a 20 percent water change. Keeping my fingers crossed that the event is in remission.

1625067675331.png

Last edited:

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I occasionally have had STN that creeps up the corals. Sometimes the causes are obvious, swings in tank parameters, etc. Other times not so much. I've had decent luck with using coral glue at the edge of the tissue damage and saving the coral tissue above. It seems to be like placing a tourniquet around the wound. I won't pretend it's always worked, but I have had some success with it, so it's anecdotal at best.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back