Consider allforreef for ease of use + low initial cost. New to dosing alk+calcium or just looking for a better way to dose?

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally took the plunge into sps a few months ago. What kept me from doing this was the high initial cost to set up dosing with methods that not account for trace elements and requirements for weekly or monthly dosing of magnesium and trace elements we can’t test for without very expensive icp.

If you are like me, do not look past all for reef. You buy 1 cheap 60$ dosing pump, some powder all for reef, and mix up in a small container or 5 gallon bucket. And you’re done. It is a one stop shop for alkalinity and calcium but also has the proper ratio of magnesium and trace elements. It is so easy and with the powder is not that much more expensive than 2 part with trace element solutions and only requires 1 dosing pump.

I couldnt be happier with this product. I only have about 20 small frags at the moment, but it costs me very little to maintain a 235 gallon aquarium. That will go up with time but I really think this product is the ticket.

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was my logic on dosing as well. I’ve heard lots of good things and the powder isn’t too expensive, especially with smaller tanks. I’m planning to use it for 70 gallon system along with Kalkwasser for the pH boost. Right now I’m dosing the Kalk on my single dosing pump and adding the AFR daily by syringe. Might add a dosing pump down the road for that too though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back