Consider offering 1/4" black netting for DIY tops?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
DarkSky

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad @DarkSky. I thought this was a discussion forum for discussing the hobby and hobby related stuff. I’ll just keep my opinions to myself from now on since they don’t align with yours. *rolls eyes* lol

This is BRS' sponsor forum - you came into a thread where we asked them to carry a product and started trolling and calling their business unethical. Please understand the difference.

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see nothing unethical about it. They're taking the time to store, cut, and ship the material. Its no different than any other chemical they make available to hobbyists. They deserve to make some money off of that effort. Otherwise you're going to be ordering 200 yards of it at $150, using maybe 1 yard, and wasting 199 yards. But hey - at least you can sleep well at night knowing you're not paying for convenience!

Except your opinion, which wasn't asked for.

I personally do not feel like ordering $150 worth of black netting and having an unused roll sitting in my closet. I'm willing to pay $20 for the size I need. Many others clearly are too.

tenor.gif
+1

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing BRS, they're going to buy the rabbit guard or deer guard stuff in bulk from the manufacturer and then turn around and sell us small cuts of it for double the price...no thanks. Hopefully someone on Amazon will get wind of the new demand for the black color and sell it in smaller packs for $10 like they already do the clear one. The practice of re-purposing other industry items, slapping your hobby sticker on it and charging double needs to stop. It's unethical.
Apparently you've never had a business ethics class Bulk Reef supply is about as ethical as any profitable business can be and still keep their doors open. With regards to this netting you've not considered the value added to it by BRS. I turn around and order black netting off Amazon maybe it's reef safe, maybe it's not, maybe the first time I ordered it is, maybe the second time I order it six months later it's not cuz that's not the purpose for which it's being sold so the manufacturer isn't going to care. If BRS sources it for us they're going to make sure it's made out of something that's reef safe they're going to make sure it's durable, and in general confirm that it's suited for the purposes that we want it for, and they're going to continue to make sure by letting that manufacture know" hey we're buying this very large quantity of this from you and it needs to be absolutely made this way because we're putting it in reef tanks. " and most importantly if they screw up on any of those things they're going to make it right with a warranty. With all that value-added they'd better charge a lot more than double or it won't be worth their time.

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing BRS, they're going to buy the rabbit guard or deer guard stuff in bulk from the manufacturer and then turn around and sell us small cuts of it for double the price...no thanks. Hopefully someone on Amazon will get wind of the new demand for the black color and sell it in smaller packs for $10 like they already do the clear one. The practice of re-purposing other industry items, slapping your hobby sticker on it and charging double needs to stop. It's unethical.
Comparing an actual legal business that has massive expenses, taxes, insurance, rules and regulations, etc to some guy selling netting on Amazon is ridiculous, and you calling them unethical is even more ridiculous.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will you guys be selling by the foot?

They'll most likely be available in sizes similar to our current clear netting. We've decided to carry it, now just have to get everything set up with our supplier, on the website, etc :) I for one will be swapping my clear netting out after seeing how nice the black looks!

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll most likely be available in sizes similar to our current clear netting. We've decided to carry it, now just have to get everything set up with our supplier, on the website, etc :) I for one will be swapping my clear netting out after seeing how nice the black looks!
Good to hear! I will for sure be placing an order when it goes online!!!

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for this too. About to build a new screen top and I'd much prefer to put black netting in from the start.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to get some new screen for my top. Any idea when you guys may have this stuff on the site?

I just spoke with our purchasing team about your question and they estimated between 2 and 3 weeks from now we'll have it here and ready to go on the website.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve used the black netting for my lids in the past, but it’s been several years. it just never really caught on as a trend. glad to see it may becoming more popular now. the stuff most people see is usually called deer/rabbit/pond netting and it’s a different material, which is a different thickness from the clear netting. not sure this would affect most applications, it something to be aware of.

also be aware that black will show more salt creep than clear.

i’m interested to see what material brs has sourced. and if my customers start requesting it again, i’ll buy it from brs!!

Last edited:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why people would need to order this stuff online. Lowes and Home Depot sell massive quantities of it for very cheap. 7' x 100' roll for 19.99 and you could drive and get it right now:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sta-Green-...Garden-Hardware-Cloth-Rolled-Fencing/50119481
That's all the netting you'll ever need for your current tanks and any additional tanks. Share with your friends if you don't need it all.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That netting is from Lowes probably fine if you've got big fish, but it's 3/4" mesh, which isn't going to work with small fish. The netting we're talking about has 1/4" mesh like the clear netting. You can get it on Amazon but in huge rolls for $70, but people don't want to buy huge roles, so we're wanting BRS to carry the smaller sizes we need.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why people would need to order this stuff online. Lowes and Home Depot sell massive quantities of it for very cheap. 7' x 100' roll for 19.99 and you could drive and get it right now:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sta-Green-...Garden-Hardware-Cloth-Rolled-Fencing/50119481
That's all the netting you'll ever need for your current tanks and any additional tanks. Share with your friends if you don't need it all.
While very true the netting I got that was supposed to let a lot of sun in the brite netting I believe it was called removed 175-200 par so Brs removes roughly 25 I’ll go with Brs

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back