Considering the AI Prime 16 HD. Good fit for biocube 32? Ideal lighting for anemones?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm strongly considering removing the hood from my biocube 32 LED in order to allow for my options for skimming, lighting, etc... I currently have a couple BTAs and a single ritteri. I really like the AI Prime 16. Please share any pros or cons if you have them on this light. Also, if you mounted it on a biocube, does it fit and/or adjust well over the cube? Would you consider it a good light for a ritteri anemone which likes bright lighting?

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm strongly considering removing the hood from my biocube 32 LED in order to allow for my options for skimming, lighting, etc... I currently have a couple BTAs and a single ritteri. I really like the AI Prime 16. Please share any pros or cons if you have them on this light. Also, if you mounted it on a biocube, does it fit and/or adjust well over the cube? Would you consider it a good light for a ritteri anemone which likes bright lighting?
Also wondering if the Hydra 32 is overkill for a biocube 32? If so, I will stick to the Prime.

Upvote 0

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen your other post, get the prime you won't regret it, and you can easily add another down the road 2x primes are much better than a single Hydra, due to the flexibility of having 2 individual pucks you can angle.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen your other post, get the prime you won't regret it, and you can easily add another down the road 2x primes are much better than a single Hydra, due to the flexibility of having 2 individual pucks you can angle.
Lol! Just saw this after asking you a question a minute ago on the other post.

Upvote 0

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the prime the hydra would be way overkill. The primes grow anything. I took the hood off my cube a few years back and had a prime had on it and it had to dialed back it was too good.

Attachments

• 4C7A0487-1A5D-4AA6-A6DB-4B2D1F434487.jpeg
    4C7A0487-1A5D-4AA6-A6DB-4B2D1F434487.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a prime 16HD and not even a full week in I’ve noticed a difference on how my corals reacted to it. It’s been everything I’ve expected. Only issue is getting a scheduled dialed in figuring out what’s best for the corals. So I’m giving it a month on a lighting setting and schedule that was a little different then before the 16HD

Upvote 0

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience with the 16hd I would skip them pay a little more and get something else. I will never buy another ai light again just my 2 cents . I liked the old ones better I still have them there almost 4 ish years old and going strong lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the prime the hydra would be way overkill. The primes grow anything. I took the hood off my cube a few years back and had a prime had on it and it had to dialed back it was too good.
Sweet! What size tank is that?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well does the prime clamp fit over the plastic section of your aquarium? I’ve been concerned it may not fit well over the weirdly shaped Biocube tank rim molding.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P4ime is the prefect light for a nano or bio cube. I have a nano cube 24 I am thinking about setting up and woukd be using a Prime.
How well does the prime clamp fit over the plastic section of your aquarium? I’ve been concerned it may not fit well over the weirdly shaped Biocube tank rim molding.

Upvote 0

Nevada Wiseguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same boat on taking the lid off of my biocube 32. Curious if I should go AI Prime 16HD Reef or a used AI Prime 16HD. I heard mixed reviewed about the Reef version. Mostly complaints about no wifi, only bluetooth. Also something about a disco ball effect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same boat on taking the lid off of my biocube 32. Curious if I should go AI Prime 16HD Reef or a used AI Prime 16HD. I heard mixed reviewed about the Reef version. Mostly complaints about no wifi, only bluetooth. Also something about a disco ball effect?
I literally just ordered the AI Prime 16HD this weekend. Guess I’ll find out soon how well it works. Lol! I have two AI Nero 3 powerheads and I love them. I don’t have any issues with the Bluetooth.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back