Considering upgrading and looking at various tanks

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I currently have a Biocube 32g setup and am considering going larger. I'm not having a lot of luck looking at setups though. Here are my wants:

50 - 75g capacity
Prefer an AIO
Prefer acrylic
Require canopy (not optional)

I had bookmarked Midwest Custom Aquariums earlier but got a less than stellar response from them and they clearly don't want my business. I've looked at a couple mass produced acrylic AIOs. but the acrylic is only 1/4" on those and I don't feel that's thick enough, even though this wouldn't be a huge tank. I could do glass, but I really do prefer acrylic, and have never had a canopy on a glass tank (something about the weight of wood sitting on a glass tank makes me very nervous, even if that's not a reasonable uneasiness LOL).

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI You are going to pay a lot for a custom acrylic tank and its going to take time.
Labor and acrylic issues (the covid thing).

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI You are going to pay a lot for a custom acrylic tank and its going to take time.
Labor and acrylic issues (the covid thing).
Not very concerned about that, but Midwest completely dismissed me. I wasn't worth their time, apparently.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back