CONTEST! Give us your best t-shirt idea/concept and you could WIN!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right EVERYONE! It's time for another CONTEST!

We want
want.jpg

your ideas!

So put your thinking caps on!

doc.jpg

HOW TO ENTER:
1. Give us your best t-shirt concept or idea! You can describe it, meme it, draw it, or communicate it however you want! It could be a slogan, or an idea for a graphic, or...ANYTHING! Just post it up in this thread or send it in a pm.
2. Feel free to submit as many entries as you can come up with, but remember THIS AINT NO RANDOM DRAW! We will be picking our favorite concepts from those submitted, so BE CREATIVE!

Example: Shirt with a puffed out puffer. Shirt says "I'm not fat...I'm fluffy"

By submitting an idea here your giving SOGGY TEES the right to use your idea royalty free.

Also, please be sure to keep the concepts family-friendly in accordance with
R2R's policies.

THE PRIZE:
We will pick 3 winners (1st prize and 2 runner-ups) from the concept ideas submitted.
1st Prize - 2 free shirts using their design idea (1 for themselves and one for a friend)
Runner-ups - 1 free shirt with their design idea + free shipping on 1 future order from SOGGY TEES

By the way, EVERYONE can win because if we use your design, we will give you a free shirt with your idea!

DRAWING:
We’ll run this contest from now through May 17th (winners will be announced on May 18th).

Participants must be in the US or UK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
soggytees

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other note. In case it wasn't clear... These can be about ANYTHING hobby related. So it could be about your favorite fish, corals, tank pests, hobby pet peeves, experiences, reefing in general, REEF2REEF, ect...ANYTHING you would like to see on a SOGGY TEES t-shirt!

#soggytees

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this! Can't wait to see the ideas!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about you post a thread for entry pictures and let the forum vote on which they would like printed on a shirt. I know I would love a shirt with an awesome zoa garden/collage on it.

OP
OP
soggytees

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about you post a thread for entry pictures and let the forum vote on which they would like printed on a shirt. I know I would love a shirt with an awesome zoa garden/collage on it.

We are considering something like that in the future...but there will be several ideas we will need you guys to help with. In the meantime, post up those ideas! 1smile1

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about my profile pic? Clownfish and anemone with caption of "Keep your friends close, and anemones closer."

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my idea, it's for a woman's shirt. First we start off with a woman's cut shirt, either v neck or standard, but most women I know prefer the standard neck.
mega-lutrw747.jpg

This is a nice color or could even go a shade lighter. Then also offer white or black.

For the design on the shirt it could say "Reef Chick" in a font called scriptina regular or something similar to it.

$_35.JPG

Just using this as a base to show where to put the design on the shirt. I would even say that moving it over a little to the left and have it go closer to the shoulder on a slight angle would look good.

As for color combos, if on the light blue(ocean) colored shirt a white font would look best and very clean. For the white and black shirts I would use the light blue(ocean) color for those. You could also put a small wave design underneath the reef chick design of it looks a little plain.

OP
OP
soggytees

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets try this....Kind of goofy but funny I think
Untitled.jpg

Ha! Funny for sure! :)
How about my profile pic? Clownfish and anemone with caption of "Keep your friends close, and anemones closer."

We have one similar to this being designed right now...you'll have to see it once it's done. Gonna be awesome!

So here is my idea, it's for a woman's shirt. First we start off with a woman's cut shirt, either v neck or standard, but most women I know prefer the standard neck.
mega-lutrw747.jpg

This is a nice color or could even go a shade lighter. Then also offer white or black.

For the design on the shirt it could say "Reef Chick" in a font called scriptina regular or something similar to it.

$_35.JPG

Just using this as a base to show where to put the design on the shirt. I would even say that moving it over a little to the left and have it go closer to the shoulder on a slight angle would look good.

As for color combos, if on the light blue(ocean) colored shirt a white font would look best and very clean. For the white and black shirts I would use the light blue(ocean) color for those. You could also put a small wave design underneath the reef chick design of it looks a little plain.

Loving this idea! We need more cool designs for ladies! Great stuff!

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the center of the T a large coffee cup with Soggy Ts logo on it. Instead of steam rising up an acro growing out of it. Slogan, "I love the smell of acros in the morning" or some variation. "Best part of fraging up is acros in the morning "

Last edited:

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha - this is gonna be awesome - great stuff soggy. Im off today and was looking for a reason to put my thinking cap on and use the brain.lol see what we cant come up with for ya

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something I did for my club a couple years back that I thought a fantastic idea. It was more for a custom shirt idea (which had a lil xtra added to cost for custom obviously) I was in the process of designing our club shirts and realized how much folks like their own pictures.lol like of their own tank and such. How bout something where you can send a pic of your tank in and have it put on a shirt with standard saying layout and logo to go with it. Not really what your contest is asking for, but maybe a cool future idea for you.
I'll put up a pic of one I made up with my tank to give a cool idea of how it can go with a broken design and logo, and show ya what im talking about

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 2 of them
the sweater is actually a background from my avatar pic with my flower nems and the shirt with full club logo has my tank as its background

Attachments

• 20150430_075304.jpg
    20150430_075304.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 416
  • 20150430_075153.jpg
    20150430_075153.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 414

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef (or start with "reef life") is like a box of corals.......you never know what your gonna get :)

Than on back you could have a few pics of main things like
an awesome sps, lps, zoa and
along with a couple pest pics (labeled)

Last edited:

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These corals are made for fragging
And that's just what I'll do
One of these days these corals are
Gonna make a frag for you

Than have a sick acro colony with some frags made up in front of it all pretty like

Or take the frag Large idea and put it in with it. Having one side of the shirt with the saying along with the other side having the "size matters - frag large" with the solid frag pic.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
........"REAL REEF LIFE".............
Making it Hotter under T Water
...........Lets Get Soggy...............

Than don't forget to add a hot pic like JPS frag tank shot.lol or something along those lines

Last edited:

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about putting the soggy t logo on a shirt and staining one sleeve so it appears to be wet? We have all had a soggy sleeve before right? Or you could write "I suffer from sss (soggy sleeve syndrome)" on the front

Last edited:

Bones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggested a shirt with a pick of the "infamous" RR Jaw Dropper that says "causing more drama than Facebook"..

Also...

A shirt that reads "Respect old school reefers, they kept corals alive without Google!"

Booooooom.....and I'm done.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a shirt with "Reefer's Code" on the front with a numbered list on the back with a list of things we should all live by as the reefer's code is a most often forgotten concept. I am not thinking straight though so I will think of the list and add it...

Also I made a few ORIGINAL memes for the prior contest I am going to add like my Survival Tips, "Keep it Simple Keep it Soggy" and "Dip it Real Good!" (with a picture of a pest you would dip for like a zoa eating nudibranch) memes... Actually most of the ones I made were meant as possible shirt designs...

"Size Matters" with a pic of a large acro frag...
"Size Doesn't Matter" with a pic of a paly mentioning palytoxin...
"99 polyps" sung to the rhythm of 99 bottles...
"To Catch a Tang" with a football hail mary playbook image...

"Small Fry" - Children's sized or baby onesie with the picture of a baby clownfish or clownfish fry...
"LE - Limited Edition" - Children's sized or baby onesie with just the LE on the front and Limited Edition on the back...

All of mine have my name in them so you can see them in the prior thread.

I'll post the actual memes here tomorrow for examples.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back