OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been running my culture for a few weeks now. It was looking good until today. I increased from 5ml every 2 hours to 3ml per hour 2 days ago. The phyto looks weak and the rotifers look like they consumed all the phyto. I’m going to add f2 directly to the phyto culture today to get it going again and then adjust the amount of f2 in my fresh saltwater vessel to see if I can get this right. I believe miracle grow would be better here because I know there is a reason f2 is in 2 separate containers when you buy it and I believe they interact with eachother and maybe that’s what is happening before they get to the phyto culture.

Hi dan, best to reduce the dose until it recovers, also I’ve noticed you putting the fertiliser mixed with the top up seawater. I’ve normally ad it straight to the culture every 7 days. In the rotifers is normal to clear up but you’ll see plenty of rotifers still it just means they blooming and for us much phyto you put in der eventually it will clear up.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he’s doing rotifers too. I might my 3 gallon plastic tank as a refugium. Is this possible to do? I would probably use like a small pump for it

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he’s doing rotifers too. I might my 3 gallon plastic tank as a refugium. Is this possible to do? I would probably use like a small pump for it
Should work as long as it’s all connected in the right way. And your pump doesn’t mix the cultures by back flow

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
@sixty_reefer where do you get your f/2 fertilizer from?
was using miracle grow fertiliser in this project, now realised after all this years that the phosphorus is to high on the formula, I would look for something online with low po4, there’s some good recommendations on the other thread on the dead phytoplankton for fertilisers also

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back