Control Icecap 4K via 0-10V IN port on APEX

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a question, I have the Ice Cap 4K and I wanted to know if I can control (Turn OFF/ON/AUTO) the IceCap 4K Pumps using the 3.5mm stereo jack plugged into the Icecap cable and the other end into the Apex Port. Not sure I am doing this right, once I plug the cables in and try to turn OFF the switch on the Apex, the pumps are STILL running. I also checked in the Hydros App via the options panel, and have the Mode Control selected (0-10V Input 1)

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, which port are you referring to?

I don't believe any of the 3.5mm ports are switchable but are for telemetry or data in only. I believe power controls is what they have invested in other than IOTA integrations.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected. It seems they use their ethernet port as a means of doing this.

You'll need the following to pull this off. (There's a dual version on BRS too).

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected. It seems they use their ethernet port as a means of doing this.

You'll need the following to pull this off. (There's a dual version on BRS too).

I have the 2 head version of this cable and have never been able to get it to work reliably. The apex only alternative is to simply turn off the gyre power at the feed mode event trigger and restore power afterwards. It will work, but does anyone know of drawbacks to this alternative? wear and tear on the gyre with the 2-3x daily power kill?

I can see the extra benefit of slowing the gyre speed during feeding to move food around instead of a full stop of gyre.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, thanks for the reply, I will read more into the article and see if I can figure it out

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you need to set up profiles in the Apex and assign them to the Variable ports you have plugged into.

There is a video showing how to do this with the old controller (I suspect the Hydros setup is similar)...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back