Converting from seawater to synthetic salt

Bwifragguy93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon all natural seawater and after the hurricane ian I've done a beach cleanup in my favorite beach and found chemicals that lead me to worry about the condition of the sea im overdue from Saturday before the storm to do a water change but I does a 50% water change if I use synthetic sea water is that goin to lead to any effects I should worry bout but i will have to get the salinity as close as possible for sure if its ok

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 20 gallon all natural seawater and after the hurricane ian I've done a beach cleanup in my favorite beach and found chemicals that lead me to worry about the condition of the sea im overdue from Saturday before the storm to do a water change but I does a 50% water change if I use synthetic sea water is that goin to lead to any effects I should worry bout but i will have to get the salinity as close as possible for sure if its ok
Good consideration
Synthetic salt contain the same or similar elements of ocean water and matching ph and salinity should allow you to make the transition without repercussions

OP
OP
B

Bwifragguy93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good consideration
Synthetic salt contain the same or similar elements of ocean water and matching ph and salinity should allow you to make the transition without repercussions
Ok thank you very much I got a acro for a few months so I just don't want to shock it or anything id be devastated if it start to react bad but I'm goin to do that today for sure cause my nitrates read 60ppm today but I'm thankful its been goin down from 80ppm after started carbon dosing

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also match alkalinity within 1 dKH, if you're doing a large water change with Acros.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back