!!!Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce Milli!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh Adam... you and your accurate photos and your honesty will get you nowhere!

EMBRACE THE CORAL MADNESS!

My problem is I'm just too darn greedy. Or, maybe not greedy enough. Oh I don't know

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not to get off topic, but I've been struggling to keep my newly acquired Acros colored up. I've been looking at a bunch of your corals and I don't want to pull the trigger till I know I can keep my Acros healthy. @Battlecorals what do you keep your NO3 and PO4?

High Plains Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get off topic, but I've been struggling to keep my newly acquired Acros colored up. I've been looking at a bunch of your corals and I don't want to pull the trigger till I know I can keep my Acros healthy. @Battlecorals what do you keep your NO3 and PO4?

I'm pretty sure Adam rarely checks nitrate and phosphate when was the last time you changed your rodi filters what are your tank parameters at?

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have these corals been shipped to you, or freshcuts from a local, etc...?

In some circumstances what you're describing is pretty normal.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to pull this thread off topic but a few post ago nitrate was mentioned, so I had a question. How do you know you should be dosing nitrate? Anytime I dose nitrate to a couple ppm, my sand turns brown.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hate to pull this thread off topic but a few post ago nitrate was mentioned, so I had a question. How do you know you should be dosing nitrate? Anytime I dose nitrate to a couple ppm, my sand turns brown.

Not problem at all man Happy to answer any questions at all. When i test nitrate and the vial is clear completely I know I'm too low. I really only shoot for "detectable" which for me means a slight hint of pink with the salifert kit. not really trying to hit any particular number.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I should add that a little sodium or potassium nitrate goes along way. In the old system i was dosing a teaspoon every week or so.Total of about 800 gallons so on a smaller system it would be pretty easy to add more than you need and that could have contributed greatly to your sand issues

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help but I only raise it to 2 ppm which I don't believe is much. I just see some people with beautiful tanks running 0 no3 and wonder how they do it. I wonder how to know if you should be dosing potassium nitrate or not or is it generally best to see some pink on the color chart no matter what.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently stopped all carbon dosing and have no3 numbers around 15-20ppm and po4 dropped from .2 to .12 things have never looked better color-wise.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the help but I only raise it to 2 ppm which I don't believe is much. I just see some people with beautiful tanks running 0 no3 and wonder how they do it. I wonder how to know if you should be dosing potassium nitrate or not or is it generally best to see some pink on the color chart no matter what.

Well I hate to pull this one you man but every tank is different, I mean what exactly works in one system may not work the same way in another, and there are loads of different variables that will affect color differently in different systems respectively. Stability still is one of the few universal absolutes in maintaining long term sps health. Alk being on of the most important. I'd say if you are seeing deleterious affects while experimenting with dosing nutrients, than its probably not the right time do so.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I recently stopped all carbon dosing and have no3 numbers around 15-20ppm and po4 dropped from .2 to .12 things have never looked better color-wise.

Now that my display is on its own with relatively way less growing sps per gallon my nitrate were climbing pretty fast. I actually measured 50+ the week or two after I took everything down! Coral looks great i should add. I have since dropped it with a couple WC's but in that window the coral was essentially unaffected. Its at around 25-30 still as of today This is my 30x30 display, I am talking about. roughly 90 gallons now with sump

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that my display is on its own with relatively way less growing sps per gallon my nitrate were climbing pretty fast. I actually measured 50+ the week or two after I took everything down! Coral looks great i should add. I have since dropped it with a couple WC's but in that window the coral was essentially unaffected. Its at around 25-30 still as of today This is my 30x30 display, I am talking about. roughly 90 gallons now with sump

Oh man I didn't even think about your display losing so much volume! Is that sump still in the basement? On its own calrx and everything?

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious what your display tank looks like. Do you have any pictures? Are only the finest sps in there, lol?

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading thru this thread i really wish i could order from you @Battlecorals one of the better representations of an awesome seller who wants to keep everyone happy. Not make as much money as possible as fast as possible. Kudos to you Adam. Keep up the good work. Industry needs more people like you. Just wish i wasn't in Canada or id have a 100% Battle Tank. Gorgeous pieces man!

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He really is great to work with! I have ordered from Adam several times now and each time is a pleasure! That is saying something since I live within 20 minutes of World Wide Corals and Top Shelf Aquatics. I keep coming back to Adam!

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the reply! I also have to dose potassium nitrate to keep my NO3 around 5-10ppm. Phosphate is what ALWAYS fluctuates for me. I have such a hard time keeping it around .02-.04 range. No GFO running and still without changing any feeding I'll drop to o for like a week straight and my Acros start turning brown.
My fiancé has already given me the green light to buy some from you once we get back from our honeymoon in sept!! As long as I can keep them colored up and growing that is

Back