Convincing the wife was the frag tank is necessary

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, only reason I have, divorce is less likely now!

Here’s my question.
What would she really do if she came home and it was already set up? If it’s a little mad and maybe three nights on the couch or hotel, wouldn’t it be worth it? Not only would you get a vacation, but then she’ll see what it really takes to maintain a tank when your gone;)

Ask for forgiveness later, after your long nice vacation looking for supplies on that frag tank!
P.S. you sir, are screwed...

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could tell her that they are selling the tanks for 75% off from overstock and you will never see this deal again ever. Plus your the man in the house you make the final decision

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I showed my wife this threads and it convinced her to allow me to get a frag tank. Time to start looking on here or offerup!

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I showed my wife this threads and it convinced her to allow me to get a frag tank. Time to start looking on here or offerup!
You freaking traitor. You had to go and snitch on us to score a Frag Tank? You wait until we tell her the running costs. You better believe she’ll believe thirty or forty of us to lie and says it’s “thousands”!

what type of frag tank are you getting? Go big or go home!!!! If she just said yes then I would go way out on this!!!!

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my wife's friends husbands have no hobby. Nothing! It drives these ladies crazy that their husbands are always underfoot, always pizzy when their wife has something to do, and need constant attention. My wife has it made.
You couldn’t have said it better!!!!
I branched off to Wood shop and it’s great for the marriage!

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You freaking traitor. You had to go and snitch on us to score a Frag Tank? You wait until we tell her the running costs. You better believe she’ll believe thirty or forty of us to lie and says it’s “thousands”!

what type of frag tank are you getting? Go big or go home!!!! If she just said yes then I would go way out on this!!!!
Nah I don't waa go too big, 40-50g Lowboy.. I'm hoping to find something used in Orlando or South Florida. The most expensive part is gonna be the light,,, I'm aiming for the Orpheks

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah I don't waa go too big, 40-50g Lowboy.. I'm hoping to find something used in Orlando or South Florida. The most expensive part is gonna be the light,,, I'm aiming for the Orpheks
You’re setup sounds awesome!
Sounds like this has been in the planning books for sometime and you finally found how to show your wife to score this! Very logical to rat us out, but hey, I would’ve done the same thing!
Make a Frag Tank Build thread! Be awesome to see it!

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's fantastic. Glad it worked out for both of us!

However, to those who say "just do it, you're man of the house," I'm proud to say that my wife and I work as a team. Both of us have equal say in things that involve money. Happy wife = happy life.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a bigger tank for years, but knowing it was a rental etc. It just wasn’t realistic. Her compromise to me was “you buy me my dream house, and you can have your dream tank” ... here we are in 2020.... new tank is being delivered on Friday, and the fish room is being started. Total system volume 650 gallons.

moral of the story, compromise with her and you usually get what you want.

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a bigger tank for years, but knowing it was a rental etc. It just wasn’t realistic. Her compromise to me was “you buy me my dream house, and you can have your dream tank” ... here we are in 2020.... new tank is being delivered on Friday, and the fish room is being started. Total system volume 650 gallons.

moral of the story, compromise with her and you usually get what you want.
That's awesome on so many levels! congrats on the house and the system!

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fantastic. Glad it worked out for both of us!

However, to those who say "just do it, you're man of the house," I'm proud to say that my wife and I work as a team. Both of us have equal say in things that involve money. Happy wife = happy life.
This 100% wife and I come to terms on everything. Miss me with that “I’m the man of the house crap”

This is 2020 not 1903

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have bigger problems if you have to explain to your wife.

Many have already extrapolated the financial aspect.

For me, the biggest reason is redundancy. Your display is a huge investment, and not just in finances. A frag tank gives you the ability to rebuild if your tank ever crashes.

Another reason is to have a grow out facility, besides having more space for diversity. A frag tank gives you the luxury of collecting more species.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
why do you need one? I would start with that - ie I can sell coral, trade coral etc. but you can also put a frag rack on the sides od your DT - if she doest want it

mcshams

Slave to my wife's reef desires
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what you do. Works 60% of the time EVERY TIME.

buy the tank... no questions and/or discussion. On arrival and setup the second she starts the complaint whip out a nicely wrapped box with brand new Louie Vuitton handbag. BAM. WINNER. *you can replace the LV with bag or jewelry of choice.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back