"Cool" or unique equipment or products to have

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I like to have "cool" or unique equipment or products part of my tank that I dont need but are just cool to have. Just wondering if anyone knows or has cool items or features part of their tanks that they would like to share.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not that cool, but a 2-10ml adjustable pipettor is super nice for testing.

61wjJdAx-FL._SL1500_.jpg

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not that cool, but a 2-10ml adjustable pipettor is super nice for testing.
You're right, its not that cool...It is awesome haha...

I think everybody could use a decent magnifier. I was using a helping hand, they have adjustable arms with little alligator clips and a magnifying glass. All sorts of setups available.
Helping Hands on Amazon

But, somebody got me this pair magnifying glasses with led lights built into the frames as a gift a few years back. I find them pretty awesome. Definitely do not look at the lighting while wearing them if you value your vision.
Mighty Sight Magnifying Eyewear

I am very interested to see what other more experienced folks may toss in though.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a reefing art hang on, vertical frag rack. It’s actually pretty cool in that it doesn’t take up much space in your display (if you’re not running a separate frag system), each rack can be tilted, and I just found out you can mesh two together if you have a 22-24”+ deep tank. No magnets to leach metals into the tank or scratch your glass. Minus is they made slots instead of holes, so frags can fall over and out with higher flow or when moving the rack to clean the glass when using small 3/4” plugs. I guess the fix to that is to use larger/heavier frag plugs so I ordered some to try out.

edit.. also the Vca random flow generators for your return outlet are pretty cool. They actually work amazingly well at dispersing flow in different directions. I recently got two of these rather inexpensive doodads

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back