Coolest fish in your tank!

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_2440.jpg

Dwarf Golden Morey Eel. Is an eel a fish?

Last edited:
OP
OP
LB Dantzler

LB Dantzler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pretty cool collection of fish - at least _I_ think so ... but one of the coolest recently entered my QT.

I got just one photo, in-the-bag, before I released him to hide in the PVC elbows and fittings - which is exactly what he's been doing for the last week and a half. In fact, that's _all_ he's been doing for the last week and a half.

20170208_235523.jpg

Quoy's parrotfish, Scarus quoyi. Doesn't get ginormous, and from all I've read, reef-safe.

~Bruce
That's definitely on my list! That guy is incredible!

Ayzel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be difficult to compare mine with all the beautiful fishes in this thread, specially @Karin 's tang!! I give the "Coolest fish" in my tank award to my Cinnamon Clown. He is the saltiest (haha) in my DT, every time I stick my hand in to arrange something he tries to bite me!! I am always finding gravel on top of my rock, because he is always "cleaning" his spot. Even his mouth could look like the The Gateway Arch!!

IMG_8534.JPG

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pretty cool collection of fish - at least _I_ think so ... but one of the coolest recently entered my QT.

I got just one photo, in-the-bag, before I released him to hide in the PVC elbows and fittings - which is exactly what he's been doing for the last week and a half. In fact, that's _all_ he's been doing for the last week and a half.

20170208_235523.jpg

Quoy's parrotfish, Scarus quoyi. Doesn't get ginormous, and from all I've read, reef-safe.

~Bruce

Beautiful fish. Me and my gf snorkeled thru 100s of this last year when we drove down to Key west

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. Me and my gf snorkeled thru 100s of this last year when we drove down to Key west

Thanks!

This particular variety is Indo-Pacific, but there are plenty of parrotfish in the Caribbean and the Florida Keys as well. Some like the princess parrot (Scarus taeniopterus) and the striped parrotfish (S. iserti) don't get too big, and may be reef-safe in larger aquaria. Others, like the midnight, blue and rainbow parrotfish ... might be better off in public aquaria.

This fellow's been here for two and a half weeks, and I think I've seen him out of hiding for a total of about eight minutes. (>_<) (Most, from what I understand, are nowhere near that shy!)

~Bruce

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

This particular variety is Indo-Pacific, but there are plenty of parrotfish in the Caribbean and the Florida Keys as well. Some like the princess parrot (Scarus taeniopterus) and the striped parrotfish (S. iserti) don't get too big, and may be reef-safe in larger aquaria. Others, like the midnight, blue and rainbow parrotfish ... might be better off in public aquaria.

This fellow's been here for two and a half weeks, and I think I've seen him out of hiding for a total of about eight minutes. (>_<) (Most, from what I understand, are nowhere near that shy!)

~Bruce

Ya they were out and about when I was snorkeling. Wasn't shy at all in the wild

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back