Copepod.ca

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be adding a fuge to my Biocube 32 and would like to add some copepods and phytoplankton.

This site sells cultures. Has anyone used them for their tanks? Is this the best way to get pods (buying cultures online)?

I'd like to have a Mandarin Goby as one of my aquapets in the future and it looks like something like this is needed to keep them fed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Algae barn gives you your money’s worth

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't have a shipping calculator, but I've had packages shipped to me by UPS, their preferred courier, throughout the winter. If it's 2nd day air, you're probably looking at anywhere between $50-$75 USD extra in shipping costs (for a twenty dollar order)...and then more when you're whacked with border "clearance" fees. And don't ask me what those are, but I pay them to receive my packages. Feel free to test it out, though! I'd love to buy some blue hypnea from algaebarn, although they never seem to have it in stock. Copepods Canada sounds like a bargain in comparison.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KeMiKiLL

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't have a shipping calculator, but I've had packages shipped to me by UPS, their preferred courier, throughout the winter. If it's 2nd day air, you're probably looking at anywhere between $50-$75 USD extra in shipping costs (for a twenty dollar order)...and then more when you're whacked with border "clearance" fees. And don't ask me what those are, but I pay them to receive my packages. Feel free to test it out, though! I'd love to buy some blue hypnea from algaebarn, although they never seem to have it in stock. Copepods Canada sounds like a bargain in comparison.
UPS has always been a killer when is comes to their "brokerage" fees getting things into Canada. I wish we had the kind of options up here that they have down there. :\

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back