Copepod cultures?

heavybreakfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone--I'm planning to start a copepod culture separate from the main take in order to maintain a food source for a dragonet.
I know you can find them reasonably online but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a culture going in the area. If so I'd be super interested in buying some copepods/phytoplankton.

thanks!

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i started one based on u tube vids and it stank like sour milk so i chucked it. a coupple monthes latter after curing some dry rock i pulled a seed rock out of my fuge, placed it and some carbon in with my cycled rock and dosed with zoo plankton, aqua forest bio s and np pro worked great my red manderins now fat and zerro maintenance

Richard Huse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are keeping dragonettes, separate copepod cultures are a really good idea to keep them happy. You should be looking for Tisbe copepods since they are small enough for the dragonette's gape and they reproduce rapidly.

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a fabulous year for stretching into new territory and providing livestock with the best of the best!
Who's made some progress in their culture expansion and grow-outs?
There has been plenty of time for those projects on the to-do-list to be accomplished this year.

Back