Copepod question

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago i got a coral frag and i had an explosion of copepods which i found out was great

Recently i put two clown fish in there and they picked them all away in just a few days!!!

So they really seem to like them and from what ive read they could be good for coral as well

So my question is do I add these from now on?
(I seen the reef nutrition bottle at my LFS)
If the answer is yes how often should I, weekly,
Monthly?

I have a fluval 13.5 evo no refugium just the intank media basket stocked with filter floss,
Carbon pad, chemipure, and biomedia

thanks

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few weeks ago i got a coral frag and i had an explosion of copepods which i found out was great

Recently i put two clown fish in there and they picked them all away in just a few days!!!

So they really seem to like them and from what ive read they could be good for coral as well

Monthly?

I have a fluval 13.5 evo no refugium just the intank media basket stocked with filter floss,

thanks
We suggest adding one jar per 25g.To add turn off all flow, lights and remove any filter pads or floss. After acclimating the jar just pour in. After 45 minutes turn your flow and lights back on and after 24 hours replace your filter media. Feeding them live phytoplankton such as our OceanMagik this will help boost their population as well as feed any other filter feeders you may have. After a few weeks give it a good look and determine if you need to add another bottle. ~Shaun K.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We suggest adding one jar per 25g.To add turn off all flow, lights and remove any filter pads or floss. After acclimating the jar just pour in. After 45 minutes turn your flow and lights back on and after 24 hours replace your filter media. Feeding them live phytoplankton such as our OceanMagik this will help boost their population as well as feed any other filter feeders you may have. After a few weeks give it a good look and determine if you need to add another bottle. ~Shaun K.
Thanks a lot will be doing that from now on

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do add until you get a population

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Monthly?

thanks
Happy to hear you have access to our copepods. If they carry our Phyto-Feast, we recommend you use that to feed them and your filter-feeding invertebrates. It is 20 times as concentrated as our competitor's blend, so way more algae for your money in only a 6 oz. bottle. Here is some information on our Phyto-Feast: https://reefnutrition.com/products/phytofeast. We also have the most dense copepod products on the market, so more pods for your hard-earned money. We would love it if you supported your LFS by buying from them instead of online from some other supplier. Many of our customers add a bottle once a week to once a month. Depends on the demand and predators in your tank. We have instructions for adding copepods to a tank. I'll put them here:

Establish in a display:​

• Turn off the lights, wavemakers and recirculating pump(s).
  • Remove filter media such as filter bags or floss.
  • Pour the animals in and wait for 30 minutes.
  • Return the system to normal function.
  • Return the filter media the next morning.
Since some of the copepods will cling to the side of the bottle after pouring, make sure to rinse the remainders out with clean saltwater so that you get every last animal.

For more information, please visit this link: https://reefnutrition.com/products/tiggerpods or https://reefnutrition.com/products/apexpods

We are very consistent and stores have access to our products year round. If the store doesn't carry our entire line, they may be open to ordering some specific products for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out directly. I'll be sending this information to you directly in case you don't see my response. Thanks!

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to pick up some pods and phyto feast yesterday added them last night!!

phytofeast says add daily just curious if anyone uses it daily and how it works for them?

yoelf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to pick up some pods and phyto feast yesterday added them last night!!

phytofeast says add daily just curious if anyone uses it daily and how it works for them?
Personally I add it every few days when I feed my corals (twice a week),
I just tilt the bottle back and forth pop it open and add a few drops to my refugium and a few in my tank.
Good luck

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I add it every few days when I feed my corals (twice a week),
I just tilt the bottle back and forth pop it open and add a few drops to my refugium and a few in my tank.
Good luck
Thanks for the info

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back