Copepods

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I post a publisher doc ??..can I just copy and paste...more than happy to do it ..

That would be above my knowledge unfortunately maybe someone else would be able to help out on that.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Blue Dragonette as well. He is super easy to care for. They eat copepods, so as long as you can keep your tank stocked he's good to go. I've restocked two times now. I still have a pretty large population an feed the copepods. They say that typically after the third batch that they will naturally populate your tank. So basically his food is sustainable in the tank. He will usually have some of whatever I feed my other fish too. He's super fun to watch and full of personality.

There are some great videos on how to care for them on YouTube.

I have a Biota mandarin too and its a great little fish, had it since Dec 2016 and still going strong. Like you say they are relatively easy so long as people realise they do still need a constant supply of pods and don't buy one expecting it survive in a small tank just because they are trained on prepared foods. The pod pop in my 90g is just about sustainable bit I do see them thinning after a few months and occasionally top them up

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my little guy 'Malcolm'. I posted this on another thread recently but any excuse to show a pic of my favourite fish!

DSC_0584.JPG

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not expert @ pod or phyto cultivation.

But @AlgaeBarn : Excellent customer service and products. I had one bag DOA and they replaced it immediately. Chris Kraemer, their marketing and sales Director got back and kept me upto date.

Now what to expect : shake bag and shine light thru the bottom of the pack, you should see dust spec like movement. I added them after lights out and did not run skimmer for a day, does phyto every night and boom after 2 weeks I saw specs on glass and some in my acclimation box

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have replacement bag of pods coming in from @AlgaeBarn this week. I ordered some and it didn't look like there were any pods at all. They immediately responded (which is admirable) and I hope that everything with the replacements goes well. Will post back here once I receive the replacements. Going to put 1 bag in my DT and another in a 5 gallon to start a culture.

thejacgues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my anthias and dwarf flame angel chow these all day! Even after a week I still see the mandarin pecking away at the rocks. I feed my pods raw spirulina powder. One less thing to cultivate like the phytoplankton. Read they prefer a brown algae. When the spirulina runs out. I am going to try the brown algae powder, because it is said by Reef Nutrition on their site that it is easier for them to digest a brown algae VS a green.

Hey Knasty, do you still feed your Copepods with raw Spirulina or do you use another micro algae? What exactly the brown algae specie is? I would like to cultivate Pods, too, but growing phytoplankton is a bit too much.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back