Copper band butterfly and masstick food

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a copperband a week ago. It turned down live black worms, brine (frozen and live), and mysis. I then feed clam and it was the first time it ate after having it for 3 days. I then mixed brine in with clam, now it eats brine alone. I then mixed mysis with clam and not eats mysis alone. So you would think it also eats live black worms because i mixed the worms with clam, nope still will not touch black worms lol. I love feeding black worms and i will not give up until it eats them. Maybe once out of qt and in the DT it will eat worms when it sees all the other fish going crazy for the worms.

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate everyone’s help in this. I’ve got lots of good ideas to try now. Sadly, this one chose to starve to death. I lost her last week. My lfs promossed to replace her with one that would eat and thrive. I hate the idea of learning at the expense of an animal’s life. I guess this is just part of the deal though.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those feeding clams, is it frozen clams or live clams from grocery store? how do you prepare it for the CBB? I got a CBB and it is eating live black worms but they are a pain to keep alive and expensive.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clam from the store I think should be frozen 1st. then open the shell. rubber band it to a small rock if flow wants to blow it over. Down here in Florida oyster is easy & inexpensive to come by My CCB loves oyster also.

Last edited:

Lita

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperbands in the sea eat worms and that is what they should be fed. They also love clams but in the sea they eat worms. Mine will eat newspaper if I give it to him as he is my biggest feeder, but I never had one that wouldn't eat worms.

I have had many of them over the years.
What kind of worms do you feed?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live white worms.
Here he is eating some worms and clams.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back