COPPER BAND BUTTERFLY/FEEDER WORMS

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a copper band butterfly arriving this morning from liveaquaria and although I’m experienced with these fish and have kept one for over a year I was curious to know if other than live black worms which I’ve used in the past for my copperband with success is there any other more regular available live worms that I can use. The issue with black worms is that I have to order them online from California and have to wait until next week for them. I was hoping I could find something that I can buy locally and get today from maybe a fresh water fishing bait and tackle store. I live In Orlando Florida and I have a few here that i never visit as I’m a saltwater fisherman myself. Is there anyone in Orlando that knows of someone that sells live black worms locally? Thanks in advance.

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding mine LRS reef frenzy it took a few days, but the fish is finally going after it, wish I knew what pieces of the food it is liking, I also mix in PE mysis.

OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding mine LRS reef frenzy it took a few days, but the fish is finally going after it, wish I knew what pieces of the food it is liking, I also mix in PE mysis.
For sure LRS is the way to go but I like to get them eating with the use of worms and then mix in the LRS for the long haul. :)

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Paul B's copperband loved eating thin slices of live frozen clams. You could try that. He just buys clams from the market and then sticks them in the freezer. Then he takes one out and cuts really thin slices of the meat. He believes this is one of the best foods, but either way his copperband gobbled up the pieces. He also has a culture of white worms that he keeps and feeds his tank from. He too has mentioned ordering black worms but he is in NY so that is not likely to help you.

OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Paul B's copperband loved eating thin slices of live frozen clams. You could try that. He just buys clams from the market and then sticks them in the freezer. Then he takes one out and cuts really thin slices of the meat. He believes this is one of the best foods, but either way his copperband gobbled up the pieces. He also has a culture of white worms that he keeps and feeds his tank from. He too has mentioned ordering black worms but he is in NY so that is not likely to help you.
Yup makes sense. I’ve tried whole clams but the other fish go crazy as well and out competes my last one . The thin slices make sense though. Thinking of placing him in my large 30 gallon fuge where I have live rock with aptaisia that hopefully will get him to start eating as well and I can add the sliced clam to his diet.

Dave Garrett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might see if any of your pet stores have any gut loaded live brine shrimp... This may work in a pinch till you can get it live worms of some kind... My current Copperband is is my frag tank... I started it on Live Brine.... Then to frozen Mysis, and now a half shell clam and a few flakes... So far about a month it is fat and happy...

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can find white worm cultures on Amazon/eBay for pretty cheap and you can grow them easily. I use the bread, full fat, yogurt and yeast combo. They polished the below off in a little over 24 hours.

although I will note that my copperband at LRS before he ate worms. Now he East’s whatever.

BDD0F73A-4332-4BC1-BA7B-C1E333761231.jpeg

OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might see if any of your pet stores have any gut loaded live brine shrimp... This may work in a pinch till you can get it live worms of some kind... My current Copperband is is my frag tank... I started it on Live Brine.... Then to frozen Mysis, and now a half shell clam and a few flakes... So far about a month it is fat and happy...
Ok! I will look in to that as well.

OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find white worm cultures on Amazon/eBay for pretty cheap and you can grow them easily. I use the bread, full fat, yogurt and yeast combo. They polished the below off in a little over 24 hours.

although I will note that my copperband at LRS before he ate worms. Now he East’s whatever.

BDD0F73A-4332-4BC1-BA7B-C1E333761231.jpeg
Ok! This sounds quite simple

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back