copper dosing?

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. i've been dosing my ocellaris clown and yellow watchman goby with ParaGuard for a few days for ich. the spots are totally gone now, but i was wondering if i should switch over to cupramine during my month-long dosing? i picked some up the other day and i'm wondering if it is any more effective. also, i'm scared to dose copper as i've heard it's rough on the fish.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a disease expert, but my understanding is that a copper based medication is best for Ich. However, don't go that route unless you are comfortable with monitoring the dosage using a good test kit. Personally, I've always had a hard time measuring cupramine reliably with any test kit. I've heard that Fritz's Coppersafe is can be measured reliably using a Hanna tester, but that's from the guy at my LFS----not from my personal experience

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. i've been dosing my ocellaris clown and yellow watchman goby with ParaGuard for a few days for ich. the spots are totally gone now, but i was wondering if i should switch over to cupramine during my month-long dosing? i picked some up the other day and i'm wondering if it is any more effective. also, i'm scared to dose copper as i've heard it's rough on the fish.
Cupramine is the way to go. Don't trust anything else, the parasite could just be going through its phase.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back