Copper is there a Theraputic Level safe to keep at all times for fish only tank?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I was told that its could be the very beginnings of brooks or bacterial issues -- he suggested using Metronidazole since it will fight against both and can safely be added to the DT tank. So the questions is should I go with this treatment or copper again and if going with copper instead of using copper power I should try coppersafe?

Sorry, I don't have any experience using metronidazole with invertebrates as I've only ever dosed that orally or in a treatment tank.

Without knowing their exact ingredients, I can't say for certain, but the consensus seems to be that Copper Power and Coppersafe are essentially the same. Copper Power used to say dose at 2.0, but I heard that they changed their package instructions to say 2.5. Coppersafe is 2.5 at a full dose.

Jay

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on link been battling this for 3 years copper power been used at least half a dozen along with hypo.I have been using peroxide on all new fish (30 minute bath), along with the one I took the picture of. I am thinking of copper power again with Metronidazole. Any suggestions on this treatment or should I dose the tank with hydrogen peroxide

I'm on the 3rd week of H2O2 as I am typing...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/3...asites-in-a-mixed-reef-tank-132g-500l.939729/

I'm puzzled why after 3 years of copper, you're unable to eradicate ICH ... IMHO I doubt H2O2 will either. What is the longest period you had your tank with copper @ 2.0-2.5ppm?

I may need to adjust my Copper timeline should I decide to do so.

OP
OP
P

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the 3rd week of H2O2 as I am typing...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/3...asites-in-a-mixed-reef-tank-132g-500l.939729/

I'm puzzled why after 3 years of copper, you're unable to eradicate ICH ... IMHO I doubt H2O2 will either. What is the longest period you had your tank with copper @ 2.0-2.5ppm?

I may need to adjust my Copper timeline should I decide to do so.
35 days I am lost for solutions! doable going to leave a little in tank this time see what that does, into 23 days now again with copper power!

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I’m not sure how H2O2 will react if there is residual copper in the system… maybe some one can comment.

OP
OP
P

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I’m not sure how H2O2 will react if there is residual copper in the system… maybe some one can comment.
I have tried about everything someone suggested with no luck its fish only but the trouble is its 12 ft long 600 gallon tank so its kinda hard to remove fish and place them in quarnatine when some are 16 inches big,

Attachments

• tempImagebPzRyu.png
    tempImagebPzRyu.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back