Copper Power at 2.0 or 2.5?

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we supposed to be at 2.0 or 2.5 for Copper Power. Various threads say different things. Thanks!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the conditions in your tank. If there is no acute disease, and you are just quarantining the fish, then you should target 2.0 ppm. If you have a moderate to severe infection, then you need to get it under control ASAP, so target 2.5 until the condition reduces, then back it off to 2.0.

Of course, this all is dependent on the brand of copper test that you are using and how adept you are at reading. If you shoot for 2.5 with say, the API kit and you aren't used to it, you might overshoot and that would be dangerous to the fish. If you are using the Hanna high range checker, then you would be more comfortable with the test results...

Jay

W00F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using Hanna since the API is terrible at being able to tell what Copper level is
API was terrible. Seachem was better but still unclear. I invested in the Hanna as well this time around for my quarantine tank.

I’m glad you brought up this question. I was going to add copper to my quarantine today and had the same question. I’ll do 2.0 as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back