Copper power question

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, 1 sailfin tang, 6 chromis, 1 mandarin dragonet, 1 diamond goby, 1 leopard wrasse and 1 paddlefin wrasse. My paddlefin wrasse has no spots but has been hitting his gills against the rock and sand for about a week while all other fish seem fine. I tried metroplex in food for a few days and I did a tank wide prazipro dose last night and he's still hitting quite constantly. I'm guessing its not flukes since I did a freshwater dip and did not see anything that looked any different than the sand that also got into the bucket. I'm going to pull all the fish tomorrow when i get my 40 breeder up and running for QT and dose with copper power to treat for ich. Will my fish be able to survive copper power? I know some wrasse are sensitive but i've never heard anything about mandarins or gobies in QT with copper power. Any info on my QT schedule would also be helpful. I'm not sure what is causing my wrasse to hit himself so much but It seems like ich to me. Also, this isn't my video but my wrasse is doing exactly this but even more often than the wrasse in the video

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power is the most tolerable copper treatment.
Ive QTd sensitive anthias without issue.
Best treated for 14 days then swap to sterile QT to lessen exposure.

OP
OP
cww81

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyreef Ok would all my other fish be ok with copper too? I don’t think the mandarin would be able to survive for 76 days in QT without a stable supply of pods. Would he be ok as the only member of the tank for the 76 days to eradicate ich?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyreef Ok would all my other fish be ok with copper too? I don’t think the mandarin would be able to survive for 76 days in QT without a stable supply of pods. Would he be ok as the only member of the tank for the 76 days to eradicate ich?
You would need to pull all fish unfortunately. Only inverts and clean up crew can remain.

OP
OP
cww81

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyreef Is it even possible to QT a mandarin dragonet effectively? He won’t eat anything but pods and I’m assuming the copper would kill all of them if I tried to add any to the QT

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyreef Is it even possible to QT a mandarin dragonet effectively? He won’t eat anything but pods and I’m assuming the copper would kill all of them if I tried to add any to the QT
Heres the best advice. Sorry i couldnt be more help :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-134505_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-134505_Chrome.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 42

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mandarin QT is one of this tricky ones as I've read. Their coat makes them a tad bit more resistant themselves, but what does that mean to the rest of the tank and inhabitants. For example, I'm now recovering from an ich out break in a large system which essentially required me to tear up the tank to get every last fish out. PIA. Tank is running through a fallow period while all fish is in QT. Perfect time to add fish, right?

Actually I'm not sure either. Since they don't QT well, are we suppose to fish all this pain staking QT and fallow only to return all fish to the tank...then drop in a brand new mandarin? Risky and may negate the entire QT process.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back