Copper treatment

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I’m currently QTing a new emperor and lemon peel angel in copper they didn’t come in with any spots but it’s just the protocol that I follow. Question is can I shorten the 30 day period if I don’t see any spots on them? Or should I just continue with the 30 days regardless?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all I’m currently QTing a new emperor and lemon peel angel in copper they didn’t come in with any spots but it’s just the protocol that I follow. Question is can I shorten the 30 day period if I don’t see any spots on them? Or should I just continue with the 30 days regardless?
Run the 30 day cycle in the event there is even one cyst present. the typical regimen is :
Use coppersafe or general cure with coppersafe my choice at therapuetic level 2.25-2.5 for a FULL 30 Days monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not Api
Also monitor ammonia level with a reliable test kit during treatment and would not be a bad idea to add an air stone for added oxygen during treatment
You will also need to leave display tank Fish-Less (Fallow) for at least 6-8 weeks to assure the cysts and trophants have completed their life cycle without a host and have died off

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of people also do 2 doses of Prazipro after the 30 days copper (8 days apart) - and then continue observation for 2 weeks following everything (with no medication)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back