Copperband butterfly with fuzzy stuff on edges of fins

tylerbolte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

So I got this Copperband butterfly about a week ago, finally started eating again so that is exciting! However, about three days in he developed this kind of white fuzz. One on his top fin, a bit on his side fins and his back fin as well. It appears to be growing a little throughout the week. Kinda looks like mini popcorn if you look really close, or the head of a cauliflower. Does not seem to be eating away at his fins. Normally I would remove and treat with cupramine and prazi pro and that is likely what I will do, but I wanted a second opinion. He just started eating today and although slightly odid behavior(charging glass) otherwise seems healthy so I would like to get him fat and happy for a week or so before making him stressed again with moving to qt if time will allow. Also, what is it? Will those treatments be effective? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this on a couple of my fish as well. As of right now there’s no treatment for it. As the above person mentioned good diet and limited stress should make it go away.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back