Copperband Diagnosis

Clowns4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A brown spot randomly appeared on my copperband a couple months ago and has grown larger since. He's super healthy besides that, nobody picks on him, and he's always the first to eat. Any ideas what it is?

IMG-7727.jpg IMG-7725.jpg IMG-7723.jpg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a vitamin deficiency, from this view it looks a little thin. what do you feed?

OP
OP
Clowns4Life

Clowns4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a vitamin deficiency, from this view it looks a little thin. what do you feed?
I feed him mysis and brine shrimp. He's always the first to eat and right out of my hands too. Never thought he didn't eat enough.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed him mysis and brine shrimp. He's always the first to eat and right out of my hands too. Never thought he didn't eat enough.

That fish definitely looks thin to me. I would fatten him up with PE mysis. Mine eats half a cube first thing in the morning and almost as much in the evening. This fish just requires a lot of food.

OP
OP
Clowns4Life

Clowns4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish definitely looks thin to me. I would fatten him up with PE mysis. Mine eats half a cube first thing in the morning and almost as much in the evening. This fish just requires a lot of food.
Alright thanks. I'll start feeding twice a day the normal amount of food I usually do. My naso tang has just gotten so fat recently I guess he's started to hog the food up more.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thanks. I'll start feeding twice a day the normal amount of food I usually do. My naso tang has just gotten so fat recently I guess he's started to hog the food up more.

I feed the CB out of a net early and late so he is the only one that gets the food. If yours eats out of your hand im sure the net will work also. My tangs get aggressive every once in a while and go into the net but all you have to do is tangle em in that net for a while and they will avoid it for a few weeks.

I also rinse the PE well before feeding. That stuff is nasty and just dropping in frozen will jack your skimmer for a while if you run one.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try giving clams, they are usually eaten with vigor and are good for them. Live worms if you can get them; I had a hard time finding them myself in the Midwest.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His diet should definitely be expanded. Clams on the half shell are easy to feed. If you can find live black worms that would be great as well. A lot of people have good luck with Mastik food.

OP
OP
Clowns4Life

Clowns4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His diet should definitely be expanded. Clams on the half shell are easy to feed. If you can find live black worms that would be great as well. A lot of people have good luck with Mastik food.
Alright, should littleneck clams like this pic from my Publix be good?
1596606388127.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back