Copperband feeding issue and redish spot on tummy

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i dose prazipro?

With all those other meds going in the water, I would hold off on Prazipro for now. Unless you are sure flukes are present (confirmed via FW dip).

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all those other meds going in the water, I would hold off on Prazipro for now. Unless you are sure flukes are present (confirmed via FW dip).
No, im afraid to do fw dip. Can dose api general cure though as it has prazi, after 48hrs. Currently only dosed 200mg metro, 1.5 sachet of furan and 500mg kana.

Will redose furan after 24hrs for the rest as u suggested after 48hrs

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can dose api general cure though as it has prazi, after 48hrs.

Yes, GC is the better deworming option for combining with other meds. Just don't forget to dose it again, 5-7 days after the initial treatment.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, GC is the better deworming option for combining with other meds. Just don't forget to dose it again, 5-7 days after the initial treatment.
They suggest to dose every 48hrs, so if i do a total of 3 treatments, that will be fine right?? Esp for flukes

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was eating normal, now its in a corner, i switched on the lights, infection mosly gone, but its behaving wierd again. Or is it recovery stage?

What do I do? Do i add carbon again and remove meds? Continue feeding and make its immune system better to let it battle the issue on its own? Its frustrating.

Here are the 2 videos with lights on and ambient light, to see different behaviours, plz watch it mute as too much disturbance in the background..

Lights on

Ambient light

@Humble fish

If i give a fw dip, howlong should i keep it ?

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish

I did an fw dip for 3mints,couldnt see any flukes. Also added carbon to remove all meds again. I guess ill wait for a day or 2, its night here, tang looks ok.

Here are videos post fw dip.

With lights on

Under ambient light

Please help. Please read and watch the vids of the above comment too..
Im too confused.. :(

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They suggest to dose every 48hrs, so if i do a total of 3 treatments, that will be fine right?? Esp for flukes

No, the directions are wrong. Do the 2nd dose 5-7 days later, instead of 48 hrs later. After the 2nd dose you should be good.

The PT looks fine in your videos, except for the heavy breathing (probably from the FW dip.) Is his breathing still labored?

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the directions are wrong. Do the 2nd dose 5-7 days later, instead of 48 hrs later. After the 2nd dose you should be good.

The PT looks fine in your videos, except for the heavy breathing (probably from the FW dip.) Is his breathing still labored?
Looks settled. But i added carbon to remove meds. Do i go slow and start with only prazipro first or general cure instead of dumping all the stuff? Also the general cure doesnt dissolve in water

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish

The tang looks fine, its eating. Do i wait for 48hrs before dosing any meds? Shud I start with api general cure or prazipro? Also getting cp tomorow

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont dump all meds at once, not a good idea as they will deplete the oxygen from water.
What medication you are losing, so sorry but im lost since you have several threads and each one is about different med so I lost track, if you started with antibiotics then I recommend you continue with that and complete the course of 10 days. You can dose GC now along with kanaplex and furan, and then redone GC after 5-7 days to complete the medication.

For the copper band with red spot, I can't see it (probably because im color blind XD) but I recommend furan because its highly probably that it is bacterial infection.

For cp, you can start it after completing and removing prazi treatment. This will make it easier for the fish with more oxygen available and less medication.

Best of luck

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont dump all meds at once, not a good idea as they will deplete the oxygen from water.
What medication you are losing, so sorry but im lost since you have several threads and each one is about different med so I lost track, if you started with antibiotics then I recommend you continue with that and complete the course of 10 days. You can dose GC now along with kanaplex and furan, and then redone GC after 5-7 days to complete the medication.

For the copper band with red spot, I can't see it (probably because im color blind XD) but I recommend furan because its highly probably that it is bacterial infection.

For cp, you can start it after completing and removing prazi treatment. This will make it easier for the fish with more oxygen available and less medication.

Best of luck
Yup iv created many threads coz of confusion, desperation and immidiate replies.

As for medications for PT, im planning to give a fewdays, as its back to normal. I did the same meds, but it went nuts.

As for cbb, here are few more clear photos, it looks like a wound rather then infection. Plz checks n do reply.

Also i had a crack at the bottom if tank, due to which i had to shift cbb to a bucket. Badluck going on.. :(

e5da669fe92b862694c3a0747e3809dc.jpg
c2a47aa5db5a4165995e212026ad8671.jpg
07200cb9f3261ca79f316428bc737998.jpg
85160dde990855db8bbd0600b08ebc0c.jpg
72721d2687a0cd5d2d4d5a16aee519ce.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a few days of break be ok? Can start with half the dose? No signs of stress as of now

If you are referring to taking a break from the antibiotics, all that does is allow the infection to gain a foothold. And then it becomes more difficult to eradicate once you resume medication.

When you go to the doctor, they are always very clear when prescribing antibiotics to continue taking them for at least 10 days even if symptoms clear/you feel better sooner than that. Because by ending treatment prematurely, you are risking the infection coming back. Same logic applies to fish.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to taking a break from the antibiotics, all that does is allow the infection to gain a foothold. And then it becomes more difficult to eradicate once you resume medication.

When you go to the doctor, they are always very clear when prescribing antibiotics to continue taking them for at least 10 days even if symptoms clear/you feel better sooner than that. Because by ending treatment prematurely, you are risking the infection coming back. Same logic applies to fish.
Thank you

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infections are usually caused by injury, if you already started with antibiotics continue it whether its healed or not. It might be a bruise mark, but antibiotics will help with secondary infections that might arise. since it started eating it should heal up soon, antibiotics will give it the kick it need to heal faster. If you didnt dose antibiotics yet i think just wait and observe the spot and then decide whether to start or not, it should be able to heal on its own though.

Best of luck

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infections are usually caused by injury, if you already started with antibiotics continue it whether its healed or not. It might be a bruise mark, but antibiotics will help with secondary infections that might arise. since it started eating it should heal up soon, antibiotics will give it the kick it need to heal faster. If you didnt dose antibiotics yet i think just wait and observe the spot and then decide whether to start or not, it should be able to heal on its own though.

Best of luck
I had dosed prazipro. its not eating like it shud. Have called for masstick for this reason

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back