Copperband feeding issue and redish spot on tummy

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks better and his "attitude" is better. He is looking for "real" worms as that is what they do in the sea. Your bloodworms are not real worms. You can try small earthworms if you can find them. I would also try small pieces of clam.
I don't know what Masstick is but I would get what he eats in the sea

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks better and his "attitude" is better. He is looking for "real" worms as that is what they do in the sea. Your bloodworms are not real worms. You can try small earthworms if you can find them. I would also try small pieces of clam.
I don't know what Masstick is but I would get what he eats in the sea
I got a few wild caught clam, I'm a vegetarian, how to break it or feed it??

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freeze it and slice off paper thin slices. To open a live clam, get a dull knife without a point and stick it in the crack of the clam closest to the hinge. Don't use the tip of the knife. Push the knife all the way through and pull it open.
They are harder to open when frozen so I partially open them first and stick something in their shell so they can't close fully.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freeze it and slice off paper thin slices. To open a live clam, get a dull knife without a point and stick it in the crack of the clam closest to the hinge. Don't use the tip of the knife. Push the knife all the way through and pull it open.
They are harder to open when frozen so I partially open them first and stick something in their shell so they can't close fully.

Dang.. thats gona be gross for me lol.. but will manage it. I have one alive in the tank

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam.. thats gona be gross for me lol.. but will manage it. I have one alive in the tank

It may be gross for you, but that copperband is not a vegetarian. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish @ngoodermuth @aykwm

That tang was on till today morning,but has started twitching again. I dosed exactly as mentioned. Is it coz if recovery or flukes have attacked again? Can I dose 2 packs of GC in 15g? If u guys think it's flukes again.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look like the "head-shake" twitch that I'd expect to see with flukes or other disease. I wouldn't start any new treatments based on what your tang is doing, but that's just me. There are others with far more experience, so if they tell you differently, listen!

~Bruce, who thinks your tang is looking vibrant and strong, and like he wants to swim longer distances . . .

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, looks healthy to me, even if you see twitching or scratching, it doesnt always mean a parasite exists, sometime it just feel itchy and want to scratch itself

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, looks healthy to me, even if you see twitching or scratching, it doesnt always mean a parasite exists, sometime it just feel itchy and want to scratch itself
I did see a big white spot near it's gills. So did a fw dip, had to go for work, so left after that. Will reach home in a 20mints and update. Looked ticked after fw dip though.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see a big white spot near it's gills. So did a fw dip, had to go for work, so left after that. Will reach home in a 20mints and update. Looked ****** after fw dip though.

Did you see anything come off in the dip? Flukes will turn white and come off the fish during a fw dip, so if it's flukes you should have seen something in the water.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I don't see anything abnormal in that video, like Bruce said I think the QT is a tad small for him so that might be why he is swimming in short bursts like that.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang is lying on side and dying.. what the heck.. it was a healthy specimen when I got, was with my friend since 2 years. I shud have added to my tank directly now I feel. Jus spoke to my friend, he got angry on me..
055cd68d83e22abfa6b8670c36d32e0c.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say it.
But I am sorry he died. :cool:

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't say it.
But I am sorry he died. :cool:
It was eating uptill morning then started swimming on sides. After a while it became too frequent, and started swimming in a weird way. So have a fw dip, then left for work, and came back n saw it on side and heavy breathing. I held it straight in front of the flow, it swam a bit, then died.[emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17]

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@nanomania I'm very sorry you lost the fish, but repeated FW dips are not to be taken lightly. You do it once as a diagnostic tool (to check for flukes), but any more than that should be reserved for fish battling severe velvet, brook, fluke infestations, etc.

IME; one FW dip is usually fine - but every time you do it after that, the risk of something going wrong increases. Especially if the fish has not had enough time to recover in-between FW dips.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back