Copperband from liveaquaria, anyone have success keeping one from them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kierstin1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I want to purchase a copperband butterfly from live aquaria. I’m wondering if anybody has had success keeping this fish purchased through live aquaria.
I’m being warned by others not to purchase since LA has a low survival rate. I’ve never bought a fish online before and don’t want to waste my money if it’s just going to die. Please share your experience with me! Thank you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, I want to purchase a copperband butterfly from live aquaria. I’m wondering if anybody has had success keeping this fish purchased through live aquaria.
I’m being warned by others not to purchase since LA has a low survival rate. I’ve never bought a fish online before and don’t want to waste my money if it’s just going to die. Please share your experience with me! Thank you!
Did not get mine from them but their fish if from California facility is hit and miss with quality and actual size ordered as I rarely get a quality fish from CA facilit. WI facility much better.
Acclimation plays a vital role with them as well as water quality and once eating - Diet

OP
OP
kierstin1993

kierstin1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not get mine from them but their fish if from California facility is hit and miss with quality and actual size ordered as I rarely get a quality fish from CA facilit. WI facility much better.
Acclimation plays a vital role with them as well as water quality and once eating - Diet
Thank you! It is from cali so I think I’ll hold off and keep checking my local stores.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Diver's Den section at LA is probably the safest place you can buy fish online. I've ordered from all the expensive quarantine operations and none of them had as high of a success rate as LA DD. That said, my copper band I ordered from them is 1 of the only ones that never ate and died almost right away. It honestly did so bad I haven't even thought of buying another.

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no way to get one from LFS ok , One of many big tips your going to need is live blackworms tubiflex California worms , unless this has been debunked recently lol

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sick one (free) from a LFS and dumped it in my tank that had a lot of aiptasia. Folks who saw it at the store didn't think it would live but it did. I think you are better off getting one local just to avoid shipping stress. This is the first success I have had with one and I generally steer away from this species (and a few others) that don't ship well or survive in general. Good luck in finding one local.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back