Peroxide really helped but probably only for a few hrs lol

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide really helped but probably only for a few hrs lol
The trick with that is the fish really need to be moved to a clean tank right after the dip.

If you have a seafood shop nearby, you could try some oysters or mussels on the half shell - might fatten it up a bit.

Jay

OP
OP
Unorthodox_Reef

Unorthodox_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick with that is the fish really need to be moved to a clean tank right after the dip.

If you have a seafood shop nearby, you could try some oysters or mussels on the half shell - might fatten it up a bit.

Jay
Yeah I’ve been trying those he isn’t that interested yet. Although the quoyi woke up from his slumber and has been a eating machine. I’m going to try and set up a second tank to transfer but every time I move or adjust anything it sets the quoyi into a 4 day hunger strike. He has no signs of Brook yet.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF95E047-8C47-4FFB-850B-18691CA67A6A.jpeg
082C64AE-CE79-42C8-82C0-1F24A7DE3C09.jpeg

Appetite has picked up big time picking all day. It’s been 36hrs since peroxide bath. All fuzz still gone.
It does look better, just keep a close eye on it for any relapse.

jay

OP
OP
Unorthodox_Reef

Unorthodox_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look better, just keep a close eye on it for any relapse.

jay
Thank you :), it’s even better today. I really want to say I appreciate all the help Jay. Now I need to decide if I should do another peroxide dip 7 days later. In your opinion do you think this could of possibly been an ammonia burn? It went sour the day after my second dose of prazi. I regret doing it with cupramine now.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :), it’s even better today. I really want to say I appreciate all the help Jay. Now I need to decide if I should do another peroxide dip 7 days later. In your opinion do you think this could of possibly been an ammonia burn? It went sour the day after my second dose of prazi. I regret doing it with cupramine now.
I would hold off doing any dips on fish that are stable or improving, as the dips themselves are stressful.
Jay

OP
OP
Unorthodox_Reef

Unorthodox_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hold off doing any dips on fish that are stable or improving, as the dips themselves are stressful.
Jay
Hey Jay, it’s been 13 days now and his appetite has exploded :). Still no signs of it coming back just almost minor swelling or scaring from the first issue.

How if it stays clean and never comes back how long would you wait? 2 more weeks?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jay, it’s been 13 days now and his appetite has exploded :). Still no signs of it coming back just almost minor swelling or scaring from the first issue.

How if it stays clean and never comes back how long would you wait? 2 more weeks?
Keep pushing the food to it. I would hold off 30 days unless the tank it is in isn't stable for that long.

Jay

Back