Copperband white spot treatment

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a question regarding white spot on a copperband... now I have been advised that you can do a quarantine in hydrogen peroxide given safety protocols are followed/ taken... I have a 20l tank, (yes I know it’s very small) what is the dosage per 1l for hydrogen peroxide QT... I’m using 6% also, in terms of the water changes, how much do I change, how often do I change and also what do I do in terms of ‘re-dosing’
D29AAC14-7270-4369-B2FA-7C9D94F630F1.jpeg

thanks in advance

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by white spot?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did hybrid TTM on a Copperband and it worked great. Can’t say I have tried keeping a fish in peroxide.

OP
OP
DariusThomad

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up
I did hybrid TTM on a Copperband and it worked great. Can’t say I have tried keeping a fish in peroxide.
I ended up finding a thread on it... it’s more of a ‘dip’ as apposed to long-term keeping... it was a 30min dip, I’ve done it and it looks as though they have gone, however he’s in QT at the moment, just know copperbands don’t like copper lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up

I ended up finding a thread on it... it’s more of a ‘dip’ as apposed to long-term keeping... it was a 30min dip, I’ve done it and it looks as though they have gone, however he’s in QT at the moment, just know copperbands don’t like copper lol
I am fairly certain hydrogen peroxide does not cure ich with dips because they bury pretty deep and the white spot we see isn’t the parasite but the fishes reaction/slime.

That’s why we do tank transfer method still with the dips.

I know my clowns had some ich and and the 30 min dip didn’t irradiate it. It wasn’t until a few tank transfers in that I out ran it.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing peroxide is complicated and your 6% is double the strength often used in the US. Do not dose the tank itself, a preliminary test I ran showed it kills the nitrifiers. It is most effective as a dip and move to a fresh tank when treating velvet, not ich.
Copper bands can be treated with copper, with a good test method like the Hanna probe. Most copper failures are caused by; waiting too long before starting, ramping the dose up too slow, not using a full dose.
Jay

Back