COR 15 and 20 Slim Strainer

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for a slim strainer with a 1" Insert to use on a COR-15 and COR-20 inlet. I don't have enough room for the long strainers and the one BRS sells is supposed to reduce flow significantly. So something like this is what I need...

Thanks!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a slim strainer with a 1" Insert to use on a COR-15 and COR-20 inlet. I don't have enough room for the long strainers and the one BRS sells is supposed to reduce flow significantly. So something like this is what I need...

Thanks!

As a Cor 15 and 20 user I will confirm that those low profile inlets you linked to indeed restrict flow. Also need to be cleaned off depending on the sump cleanliness. I have a bunch of small snails that escape my refugium and make their way into the sump. They love to lay eggs in those strainers / intake covers. The good news is that they do not cause any cavitation with the pump so I have not noticed any above and beyond wear and tear. Just the flow restriction. Also note I can't put a number on what the loss is but it is noticeable. Sorry.

If you haven't done so already one thing that might help is to say use Google search on Cor 20 intake cover and review the images returned. I know there are a few people that created 3d models that appear to work well. I do not know the overall size though. Again apologies as I don't think I'm really answering your question.

OP
OP
Patrick Cox

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a Cor 15 and 20 user I will confirm that those low profile inlets you linked to indeed restrict flow. Also need to be cleaned off depending on the sump cleanliness. I have a bunch of small snails that escape my refugium and make their way into the sump. They love to lay eggs in those strainers / intake covers. The good news is that they do not cause any cavitation with the pump so I have not noticed any above and beyond wear and tear. Just the flow restriction. Also note I can't put a number on what the loss is but it is noticeable. Sorry.

If you haven't done so already one thing that might help is to say use Google search on Cor 20 intake cover and review the images returned. I know there are a few people that created 3d models that appear to work well. I do not know the overall size though. Again apologies as I don't think I'm really answering your question.
Thanks, this was helpful. I found what I was looking for on Etsy.

coralsandfishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
I was in the same boat so I decided to make my own with CNC.... I wonder why I cant find one with low profile and does not restrict the flow... anyway... here is mine

Attachments

• Cor strainer compact (1).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (1).jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Cor strainer compact (2).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (2).jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Cor strainer compact (3).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (3).jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Cor strainer compact (4).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (4).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Cor strainer compact (5).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (5).jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Cor strainer compact (6).jpg
    Cor strainer compact (6).jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 27

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back