Cor 15 and Apex Brain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of buying a Cor 15 pump but just want to clarify one point. When it says you need an Apex, I assume it means it draws its power from the power bar using the Apex cable? The reason I am asking the question is that I am happy with that, I just want to confirm that if the Apex Brain was to die, the Cor 15 would still work. I dont want the problem that we see on the DOS that if the Apex dies, the DOS stops working completely.I

Many thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the COR15 is powered through a 1Link cable from either the EB832 or a 1Link module. If the Apex dies, or is disconnected, the COR15 will still continue to run based on the Fallback setting you assign.

The difference with the COR20 is that it has its own external power adapter and can be run even if you don't own an Apex.

COR Drivers.png

See my Apex Hardware Overview article for more details on the COR pumps and all the other available Apex modules:

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for such a fast response and the link to your Apex Hardware Overview. That is good news about the brain dying but you may have raised another issue! As I live in the UK and as Neptune do not ship the EB832 outside of the US, I am stuck with using EB6. I guess this means I would also need to purchase a 1link module then to power the Cor15?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for such a fast response and the link to your Apex Hardware Overview. That is good news about the brain dying but you may have raised another issue! As I live in the UK and as Neptune do not ship the EB832 outside of the US, I am stuck with using EB6. I guess this means I would also need to purchase a 1link module then to power the Cor15?
Yes, without the EB832 the only way to connect the COR15 is with a 1Link module. It would probably cost less to just purchase the COR20 instead.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes agreed or the Ecotech Vectra. It is so frustrating the Apex in the UK still ships with the EB6.

Thanks for your help.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes agreed or the Ecotech Vectra. It is so frustrating the Apex in the UK still ships with the EB6.

Thanks for your help.
Could not agree more with this. Not only do we already pay more but we also get less for our money...now I am a huge fan of Neptune gear and currently run 3 large apex systems on various tanks but it does seem a bit unfair. Come on Neptune!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back