Cor 20/15 and flow meter programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to program a Cor pump to run at a certain flow rate and self adjust automatically similar to pentair's new VS pump (pool) that runs off GPM and not pump rpm(sorry a pool boy)? If not is this something that neptune systems could work on? You saw this here first btw lol

Happy reefing

U

User1

View Badges
Is there a way to program a Cor pump to run at a certain flow rate and self adjust automatically similar to pentair's new VS pump (pool) that runs off GPM and not pump rpm(sorry a pool boy)? If not is this something that neptune systems could work on? You saw this here first btw lol

Happy reefing

Interesting question. I know you can control both 15 and 20 via virtual outlets and adjust power. I do this now. I created a virtual outlet, named it tide, and used the OSC function something like this: OSC 000:00/360:00/360:00 Then ON. Now in the advanced tab on each return pump I do something like:

Fallback ON
Set 45
If Output TideTiming = ON Then 10

And every 6 hours the pumps will alter flow through my sea swirls to somewhat loosely simulate high and low tides. So knowing I can set the RPM via code and if there is a way to know what the flow is it may be possible. I do not have a flow meter so never tired it nor know what Neptune has for logic in it.

tl; dr - possible because I know you can adjust the pumps but unknown on flow meter due to ignorance and not owning one :D

OP
OP
Bnichols124

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's why I asking.

I run a flow sensor on my main return, I also have a manifold right now its running just a uv sterlizer and I may run a reactor of some sort in the other. The manifolds are set with a valve to control flow, but if i was to open or close the valve more I will lose or gain flow to the tank. Being a herbie style drain this could either send water down the emergency drain w/ no submerged pipe(loud sump area) or lower the flow into the over flow causing the waterfall noise. Then off to playing with the gate valve for a few days to redial in the drain.

This coding is probably more then a if and then statement. It would be more like

Fallback On
Set Flow to (desired flow) off FlowSenX
Then rest of your program

Or

Fallback on
If flow under 449 raise cor % by 1
If flow over 451 lower cor % by 1
Defer 1 min
If feed cycle A then 1%
ETC

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back