Cor20 for small tank 29 gallon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Arjun Pun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am looking to buy cor20 for my 29g tank with 10g sump.I can't find minimum gph for this pump.Will this be too powerful for this setup .I can't buy cor15 coz I dont have 1link port in my classic lite apex.
Thanks.

U

User1

View Badges
Having both, and they are excellent return pumps, both are too much for your system. Even though you can dial them down. On the other hand I guess you could lower the output and should you upgrade carry it forward. I run mine lower than max as my tank matures and the coral grow. If I need more then I can dial them up.

Easy way to look at it is Cor 15 = 1500 GPH and Cor 20 = 2000 GPH roughly. Their info below. Personally like I said above I love them. I have 2 x Cor 15's and 1 x Cor 20.

Cor 15:

Cor 20:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I turn on Feed mode, I have my COR-20 reduce power to 1%, and at that speed my flow sensor reports 140 gph.

U

User1

View Badges
You would probably need to send Neptune a email asking them if they have a "estimate" of what setting equates to what GPH. I'm not sure nor do I have a flow meter. @SuncrestReef gave you his when it is set to %1 which is 140 GPH. I provided the documentation for the 20 - take a look and maybe it will say. I do not recall.

OP
OP
A

Arjun Pun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone wondering I got reply from Neptune.

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have published minimum flow rates. With that being said, I have a COR-20 on my RS170-Reefer and run at it about 25% max without any problems. I think the COR-20 will be OK for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarificatio

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I turn on Feed mode, I have my COR-20 reduce power to 1%, and at that speed my flow sensor reports 140 gph.
When you turn your feed mode on, does your red sea gurgle during the feed mode? As in, the overflow system is "out of balance" during a feed mode cycle?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you turn your feed mode on, does your red sea gurgle during the feed mode? As in, the overflow system is "out of balance" during a feed mode cycle?

Yes, it gurgles. Any time there's a change in return line flow rates, the Red Sea overflow valve needs to be adjusted to balance the overflow rate in order to remain silent. I've just learned to live with the gurgling during my 5 minute feed cycles.

Sold4jc7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I'm running a COR20 on a 20 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. I have the IQ calibration set to 17% max. It's a lot of pump for a small tank. I also run my carbon reactor off it, and plan on adding a small frag tank soon. You will have room to grow with it.

OP
OP
A

Arjun Pun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a COR20 on a 20 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. I have the IQ calibration set to 17% max. It's a lot of pump for a small tank. I also run my carbon reactor off it, and plan on adding a small frag tank soon. You will have room to grow with it.
Thanks I just bought it so I'll update if I have any problem.

Back