Coral and LED lighting

Zenisin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I have been researching lighting and as far as I can tell most people are still using metal halide or t5 equivalent lighting for their reefs with a large amount of coral. I am looking to build a pretty diverse tank with the ultimate goal of having both sps and lps corals. I will also have at least one anemone. I am looking at a 75 gallon tank so the footprint will be 48x18x20 so there is not very much depth in regards to light penetration. I really want to get an LED set and the set I am looking at does have a couple of red and green LEDs to increase the color spectrum and is dimmable. Would I need to avoid any particular sps's? They seem to be more fragile from what I gathered so far.... How about any lps's are there any that should be avoided with LEDs?

Thank in advance for your replies!

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biggest issue I have with LED regardless of brand is LPS coloring. Acans for example just do not seem to get the same coloration under LED as they do under t5

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back