Coral Beauty Aggression towards Bullet Goby

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced the cb and goby around the same time so I thought it would be okay, but they really hate each other. It's been about 5 minutes, should I let them settle things or take out the goby?

OP
OP
Chortanator

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the bg gave the cb a little bite and he has learned to stay away, i'm watching them carefully but I don't want to lose either of them while I'm not looking

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish but kind of a butthead. They can be territorial and nip at corals. I ended up giving mine to a local petco that had a buyer lined up. I tried in a 36bowfront tank with 4 or 5 other fish.
D

OP
OP
Chortanator

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish but kind of a butthead. They can be territorial and nip at corals. I ended up giving mine to a local petco that had a buyer lined up. I tried in a 36bowfront tank with 4 or 5 other fish.
D
I have mine in a 55 and I think that's still pushing it size-wise. They've stopped biting at each other and the cb swims on its side around the bg so I think they were just establishing dominance in the tank

Andrew22222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean it was aggressive until you added the tang? Or it was aggressive towards the tang and eventually left it alone?
The tang put the CB in its place, everyone’s happy now, I also have a dragon wrasse that seems to break up any of aggression in the tank weirdly, the only thing is he try’s to eat my snails lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back