Cfellini91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed that my Coral Beauty Angel Fish has one eye that is swollen and looks as if it is going to pop out. It is cloudy and looks like a cloudy white slime is over it.

I did a 5 gal WC last night. It seems that it wouldn't be Popeye because it is only one eye.

I just got home from work and dosed my DT with epsom 5tbsp salt following the formula 1tbsp to 10 gallon.

Last night I ordered API's FURAN-2 and Seachem's Kanaplex and GarlicGaurd (as it's recommended to stack the food together in both) and should arrive tomorrow.

Can I dose my DT with FURAN-2 and soak the food in Kanaplex without damaging the rest of my reef tank and it being ok for the other fish/corals? Or should I set up my 5gal QT and move my Coral Beauty into it and dose the FURAN-2 and feed it the food in there?

Tank Specs:
25g.
2 Clowns
1 Clown Goby
1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Coral Beauty
4 Turbos
3 Nassarius Snails
Current Corals: Zoas, Montis, Green stars, hammers, leptos, and a dendron.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would not dose Furan-2 in DT as it will tint the water yellow. This medication should be used in a QT only. You also need the binder for Kanaplex which is Focus to bind it to the food you will be feeding. Popeye could be an indication of flukes on the eye. I would do a FW dip to rule this out.

OP
OP
Cfellini91

Cfellini91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the dip then put her in QT. I dif 4 days of FURAN-2 and did 25% WCs, waited a day then dosed Kanaplex to the tank. Its day two of the first dose and I came home to find her vertical and bobbing up and down. She is moving but won't go horizontal. While her eyes look better, she seems to get worse. Any ideas?

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates I have a coral beauty and I have noticed people tend to have problems with their eyes and would want to know how to combat it if it happens to me

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In broad brush strokes; one eye cloudy and protruding is an injury, both eyes cloudy could be flukes, both eyes clear but protruding can be due to supersaturation.
Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back