Coral Beauty Flesh Scars above eyes. HLLE? Something else?

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HLLE has no affect on feces, it is strictly an external issue. The feces could be from the nori, what you don’t want to see are white feces.
Jay
K, thanks. I didn't notice the feces until after feeding the extra nori. And she has been tearing it up. But, I wasn't watching as closely before... so...

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greenish brown sums up my tang after nori.
Other than nori- what else have you added to diet ?
Also, @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081, i did about a 50% water change tonight. Made sure temp, salanity, and alk matched. Everything went well and seems good. Just wanted to get out as much carbon dust as I could. Plan to do another this weekend.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081, i did about a 50% water change tonight. Made sure temp, salanity, and alk matched. Everything went well and seems good. Just wanted to get out as much carbon dust as I could. Plan to do another this weekend.

Carbon dust removal is tough - it gets into the substrate and sits in the corners of sumps. You'll need to siphon those areas that you can reach during the water changes.

Jay

OP
OP
Coxey81

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon dust removal is tough - it gets into the substrate and sits in the corners of sumps. You'll need to siphon those areas that you can reach during the water changes.

Jay
Ok, thanks. It's time for a sump cleaning, so was going to do that this weekend anyway. And I can vacuum the sand as well. Also, I have a diamond goby, so he keeps the substrate stirred constantly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back