Coral Beauty Mystery

Tom2257

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Coral Beauty from one of those chain pet stores to save a few bucks. A huge mistake. Once in my tank it hid behind my rocks and never came out. On day five I saw him on his side still breathing somewhat. Two hours later, he was dead. There was no way to remove him without moving a lot of my rock. A real dilemma so I came on here looking at what others would do. In the course of reading all the posts somehow this fish by some act of God was now outside of the rock and being feasted on by my two banded shrimp. My question is how did the dead fish get moved to the front side of the rock?
Another question is I have read you should not have 2 banded shrimp because they can be aggressive to each other. Mine do great together, one recently molted. I feed mine brine shrimp and they come out and put on a show for me catching food.

Thanks,

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Coral Beauty from one of those chain pet stores to save a few bucks. A huge mistake. Once in my tank it hid behind my rocks and never came out. On day five I saw him on his side still breathing somewhat. Two hours later, he was dead. There was no way to remove him without moving a lot of my rock. A real dilemma so I came on here looking at what others would do. In the course of reading all the posts somehow this fish by some act of God was now outside of the rock and being feasted on by my two banded shrimp. My question is how did the dead fish get moved to the front side of the rock?
Another question is I have read you should not have 2 banded shrimp because they can be aggressive to each other. Mine do great together, one recently molted. I feed mine brine shrimp and they come out and put on a show for me catching food.

Thanks,
Your shrimp likely pulled it out of the rocks.

Back